Chapter 2

Shatteredpaw had a rather uneasy time on his way to the moonstone. The path was smoother than expected, the old cat scents were easy to follow and his whiskers did a fancy job of keeping him from stumbling into something. The only problem was he didn't know where he was. The place was as unfamiliar as the first time he strolled through his territory.

"Saptoes! Cloverfeather!" An excited voice beamed. Shatteredpaw jumped as he smelt two ThunderClan cats racing towards them. They smelt of herbs, they must've been the other medicine cats. "Who's this?" A bubbly she meowed.

"Goldenstripe hi! This is our new apprentice I've been telling you about, Shatteredpaw," Cloverfeather meowed.

"Oh! The blind one, nice to meet you, I'm Goldenstripe," the ThunderClan medicine cat meowed excitedly out of breath. 

"Figured," Shatteredpaw snorted. He didn't like how she called him the blind one. Wasn't there any other way they could've described him? His tail flicked in slight annoyance.

"This my apprentice. Robinpaw, say hello," Goldenstripe beamed. Just then, Shatteredpaw could feel the apprentice just a mouse length away from him. His whiskers twitched as he took in the other apprentice's scent.

"Hi, I'm Robinpaw," the ThunderClan medicine apprentice meowed, sounding quite disinterested.

"Uh, hi. Shatteredpaw," Shatteredpaw awkwardly replied, he wasn't good with interactions. He cleared his throat and turned towards his mentors, doing his best not to seem inferior in front of the other clans, despite only being an apprentice.

"Let's wait up for Stormheart, he should be here soon," the ThunderClan medicine she meowed.

"Good idea," Saptoes agreed.

After many heart beats, the scent of RiverClan seeped through his nose. He lifted his head as it grew closer. "He's close," Shatteredpaw muttered.

"That's him!" Goldenstripe chirped.

"That's what I said!" Shatteredpaw hissed, but the she cat ignored him and he heard her bounce towards the RiverClan medicine cat cheerfully.

"Greetings," Saptoes meowed to the RiverClan medicine cat.

"Yeah whatever, let's get going we ain't got all day," Stormheart grumbled. The tom seemed grumpy, but Shatteredpaw could sense sadness from the RiverClan cat. He wondered what happened.

All six cats made their way through the four trees and suddenly they were in WindClan. Just like at the four trees he scented two medicine cats approaching.

"Shatteredpaw, this is Birdtalon of WindClan! And she has a new apprentice!" Goldenstripe beamed. Shatteredpaw didn't quite share her enthusiasm. If anything he was feeling quite nervous, but of course he wouldn't let it show, not in front of all four clans' medicine cats.

"Yes, this is Halfpaw," Birdtalon meowed, her tone was cold and refined. "Seems you've finally acquired a new apprentice Goldenstripe, even old Saptoes is taking on another," the she observed.

"H-hi," Halfpaw suddenly meowed, startling him as she crept forwards. The WindClan apprentice sounded nervous.

Before his mentors had time to thwack him for not responding, he replied, "hi, first time to the high stones?" He asked, feeling her anxiety prickle as if it were going through his own fur.

"Yeah..." she meowed.

"Mine too," he meowed, trying not to sound as dull and anxious as he felt being around all these new cats.

"Oh." Halfpaw's nervousness seemed to fade a bit.

Now they all were padding until they reach a familiar and foul scent. Shatteredpaw leaped back covering his nose with his paws, the smell burned. They were at the edge of the thunder path, which was more nerve racking for him, given his was the only blind cat crossing. "Are you sure this is safe?" He spat, his tail twitching anxiously.