Chapter 11-20

Chapter 011

  There is a coal stove, which makes cooking much more convenient.

  After the briquettes were turned on, the cooking was quick. The vegetables were already fried. Sweet potato porridge was cooking on the stove. Shredded radish pancakes were being pasted in the iron pot of the coal stove. Half of the large white radishes grown in the ground were given by Tangtang. The basket and noodles are perfect for eating with pancakes and porridge.

  Lin Meixi didn't have to do any chores after cooking. She was the first to take a shower after eating. After she finished taking a shower, Yu Xinrui picked enough shares and returned to the educated youth point.

  She was hungry and tired, and when she saw the tired and satisfied expressions on other people's faces, Lin Meixi must have bribed them with delicious food again.

  Yu Xinrui couldn't find a fellow villager to cook for her, so she had to make a fire herself. Her time and energy didn't allow her to cook, so she could only cook noodles for herself.

  Seeing this old coal stove that was almost scrapped, she suddenly remembered something.

  "This coal stove is old. The old one is worth half the price at most. How much does Lin Meixi want from you?"

  Lin Meixi said deliberately: "No matter how much you care, they are all willing to give it to me."

  She continued to paste the shredded radish pancakes, and after finishing a dozen of them, she said, "Sister Xiaozhen, I'm going to change the vegetables for tomorrow."

  "Okay, go ahead and thank Grandpa Gu for us."

  "okay."

  After Lin Meixi left, Fu Tingyincai said to Yu Xinrui: "The coal stove was originally abandoned. Brother Lin Zhiqing repaired it and gave it to us for use. He only paid for the briquettes. It's good to have a brother in the countryside. Her brother I even went to help her pick cotton in the afternoon."

  Yu Xinrui's eyes were red from the fire in the stove, and she almost blurted out that she was not Lin Meixi's relative.

  If the hug was correct, she should be the one being helped.

  ...

  Lin Meixi brought cakes to Grandpa Gu and his friends for dinner. Gu Chuanbai was still in the quarry. Tangtang felt sorry for her brother who didn't have dinner. Lin Meixi brought six radish-shaped cakes and a bamboo basket to give them to him. Gu Chuanbai delivers pancakes.

  Among the diligent members of the commune, many of them stayed away from work and continued to work more to earn work points. Gu Chuanbai worked alone, far away from everyone.

  Lin Meixi trotted over and gave him his bamboo basket, "Thank you for the coal stove and treat you to some pancakes."

  Gu Chuanbai wasn't used to other people's envious looks. His identity meant he was supposed to clean the cowshed. He fought for this job in the quarry and didn't want to arouse too much envy.

  "Don't deliver food here next time." Gu Chuanbai said.

  "I'm not here for you. It's Tangtang who feels sorry for her brother for not having dinner, but I don't feel sorry for him."

  Lin Meixi's pretty face had a teasing smile, "If you want to have dinner, I won't come."

  Gu Chuanbai was afraid of her and went back to have dinner the next day before returning to the quarry to continue working to earn work points.