A Beautiful Dream

Arjun ate his dinner. He played Minecraft, his favorite game for some time and went to bed later.

Before going to bed he kept an alarm on his mobile and checked the time.
It was 10:30 pm. It was a Monday night. He and his new friends chatted a little and decided to go out on Sunday, August 7th. And today was August 1st. 

Arjun is an overthinker. So he started running different scenarios that he might have to face on their first outing. Seriously, If he used this concentration on his studies he would be in a far better college. But what's happened has happened. Let's see what plans god made for him.
Arjun goes to bed with mixed emotions.

It is August 4th, 2030. 
A Sunday. So Arjun didn't bother waking up early.
At 7:35 AM, A kid's cry started. He woke up. 
"Hey there sweetheart. You woke up so early. Come here. Stop crying now." - said the lady beside Arjun. The baby was still crying. Arjun got up and took the baby into his arms and started singing in a smooth voice. The baby slowly became silent. Then he made some funny faces to make the baby laugh and the baby did.

"Seriously, He's gone after you." - says the lady.
"Ha, Ha, Ha. Did you hear that? Your mommy is jealous of me." - said Arjun.

The baby went into a deep sleep.

"I'll make something to eat." - said the lady while getting up from the bed. But just then Arjun held her hand and pulled her towards him. Arjun held his arms around her waist and gave a small peck on her neck. "There's no hurry. We can stay a little longer on the bed." - said Arjun while slowly sliding his hands under her T-shirt to keep his hands on her bare waist. The lady released a small breath. Arjun felt it. He held her tighter. "Look at me." - said Arjun. 
As she turned around to look at him, Arjun moved his lips closer to hers. Then there was a silence for 10 minutes straight. Just them and their lips hugging each other. Then she broke the hug and silence by saying "I think you should rest a little bit more". Arjun agreed as he was tired from the last night's urgent client meeting. They left their baby in the cradle to sleep. And they went back to their sleep. But Arjun decided to do a little bit more than just rest.

Arjun was facing her back and his arms around her waist. He pulled her closer until her back was touching his chest. He kissed on her neck and whispered in her ear " I love you, Riya." 
"I love you too, Arjun." - came the reply from the lady. Then they went back to their thing. Don't ask if that thing was a peaceful sleep or something else.

And suddenly an alarm went off near his ear which forced Arjun to wake up.
He quickly took his phone, turned the alarm off, and checked the date.
It was August 2nd, 2022. 
Man, Dreams are always beautiful compared to reality.

God why? Just why? 

Arjun tried to remember that beautiful dream once again. But he couldn't remember the lady's face. All he could remember was his Sunday morning with his family in his future. A beautiful child and the love of his life. And that love, that lady was Riya. 
He met her about a day ago. They didn't even speak properly. They just looked at each other a couple of times. They spoke for like five minutes and said their bye's. Not to forget she was the most beautiful girl in their class. Every boy had their eyes on her when she entered the class, remember?  

Man! We boys have a problem with our own imaginations. We expect a lot of things. Sometimes too much stuff. Arjun was no different. 

"Arjun, you are getting late." - her mom shouted.

Arjun checked the time and realized he getting late for real. So he rushed to the bathroom to bathe and get ready. 

I don't know about you guys but I am so excited for Ajun's second day in college.

Let's wait and see what happens.