Day 2

Arjun rushed to the college after waking up late because of that beautiful dream. He tried his best but arrived late. His first class was almost finished. So just like any lecturer, his lecturer gave him a hearing and fun of him in front of everyone for coming late to college on literally the second day. 
Man! We shouldn't trust beautiful things. Especially beautiful dreams.

After the hearing, Arjun went to his seat and sat down. He didn't try to look at anyone after everyone laughed at him. 

"It's alright bro, It's just the second day. It doesn't matter. " - Raj tried to change Arjun's mood.

"Yeah. Just chill." - added Riya. The heroine of Arjun's last night's beautiful dream. 

Arjun's heart started to beat rapidly after hearing her voice. He slowly looked at her in an attempt to give them a reply but he couldn't. He was lost in Riya's eyes. And then his dream flashed in front of his eyes in a single second. 

"Yeah. Cool. " - this is all Arjun could bring out of his mouth. 

Man, Teenage boys are completely ununderstandable when they fall for someone.
Wait, did Arjun really fall for her? 
I really wish he did.

And then the bell rang. The lecturer took his marker and duster. 

Lecturers tell us to help others and won't even share their marker and duster with other lecturers. 

"I won't be giving you attendance for the first period." -  the lecturer shouted while leaving the class.

"Just a period's attendance won't make much difference anyway. " - said Raj.
Arjun agreed to it. 
Soon another lecturer entered the class and started teaching. 

Arjun tried to concentrate on the class. But his eyes planned on betraying him. No matter how much he tried, his eyes shifted from the board to Riya's hair. She had a long hair. One more weakness of boys. 

He spent his next period the same way. Thankfully no one noticed him As he was sitting in the last seat. Then another bell rang. It was a short break. The lecturer left the class and students closed their books before even the lecturer left. 

"Finally peace." - said Raj laying his head on his table.

"For 10 minutes." - said Aditi ruining Raj's mood.

"Whatever." - said Raj.

"I didn't expect you to come late, Arjun. At least not on the second day of college." Asked Aditi.
Yeah, I bet even Arjun didn't expect that. 
"All ok? " added Aditi. 
"Yeah. I had a headache last night. so couldn't sleep properly." - said Arjun trying to cover up the actual reason. 
He took a look at Riya right after saying that. He tried not to look at her but he couldn't control.
He looks at her beautiful face for 1 second. Just 1 second. And then Riya looks at him too and says - "I had a headache too. I would also be late if my mom didn't wake me."

"She had a headache too. Why? Why did we both have a headache on the same night? Is it something else? Did she have a similar dream?" Thought Arjun in 3 seconds after hearing Riya. I expect nothing else from overthinkers of this generation.

"Oh! Are you two alright now? " Asked Aditi. 
"Yeah. I am fine," replied Riya and Arjun. 

Then they chatted a little bit. Then One more bell. Next class. Arjun couldn't concentrate on class. He tried to figure out why. Then suddenly a song played. "Darshana..." It was coming from Riya's bag. It was her mobile. Someone called her. Riya quickly took her mobile out, put it on silent, and put it back in. Mobile in the bag of a student is a pretty common thing now. So even the lecturer didn't care much. Riya and Aditi exchanged glances and smiled. It was a pretty famous song. 

The lecturer started his boring lecture again. Everyone continued to do whatever they were doing. Everyone except Arjun. He was lost in his thoughts. But this time, those thoughts were not of the dream from last night or Riya. But it was something that he thought was more important than these two. 

Arjun closed his eyes and tried to imagine something. But what?
Arjun is somewhere like a mall. He's outside the mall. Everyone's running. It's raining heavily.
He was waiting for someone but now he's crying. 

It was Ayesha. His high school love. His first love.

It was Jan 23rd of 2022. A Sunday. Arjun and Ayesha planned to go on a movie date. The name of the movie was "Hridayam", a Malayali movie. But they couldn't. Because Ayesha's parents found out about them and they had to break up. That song Arjun and others just heard from Riya's mobile was the famous song from that movie. He never watched the movie again but heard about that movie and that song from his friends and online. 

Arjun takes a deep breath. He didn't want to remember that day again. He thought he left all of it behind. But he remembered all of it. Because of Riya.

Could she replace Ayesha in Arjun's life?
Does Arjun want it?
Is he going to give it a chance and try to change? 

Let's wait and watch.