An Angel!

Doctors were checking on Arjun. Raj called Aditi and explained everything that happened. Raj was distraught. Aditi said she'd come there. Arjun said no as it was past 10:30 already and some clouds were still in the sky. He didn't find it safe for her. After some time the doctors came out. 

"He's fine now. But he needs some rest. At least for a week." - The Doctor.

Raj felt relieved. He decided to stay beside Arjun till tomorrow. He informs his parents about this. Raj informed Arjun's parents about this. He tried to make it sound like it was nothing and Arjun was completely fine now. But Arjun's mom didn't buy it. She insisted on going to the hospital. His father gave her some courage and told her to wait till morning. "We'll go to the hospital right in the morning. That's the first thing we do in the morning." - his dad said. But deep down even he was worried a lot. He trusted Raj. But what more could he do? We are just humans after all. Trusting and loving are the biggest things we can do, right?

Arjun's eyes started moving. He slowly opened them. He tried to look around him. Raj was sitting on a chair in the corner. He was asleep. He tried to get up. He looked out the window. The weather was clear. He checked the time. It was 11:40. He realized where he was. He got up and moved to the next room slowly. To Lily's room. 

He sat beside her. She was still sleeping. Or she was awake. He didn't know. 

"Lily. Am I selfish?" - Arjun asked slowly.

"What is it that I am doing wrong in my life?
Why do no one stay with me till the end?
Am I selfish just because I want to be happy? Just because I want to spend time with people I love?"

Then some silence. 
"Is it really necessary to stay alive?
No one cares about me anyway, right?
What difference does it make whether I am alive or not?"

Arjun takes a deep breath.

"You were my best friend, Lily. You will always be.
Thank you for everything.
Goodbye!"

Arjun holds Lily's hand one last time and stands up from his seat. He tries to leave her hand but he feels like she's holding it now. He senses a grip around his hand. He lets her go and thinks that it's just his imagination. He steps out of the room. Riya's eyes open up and a tear falls from her left eye. Arjun climbs the stairs and reaches the terrace. He slowly walks towards the edge while thinking about everything that happened in his life till now. He stands up on the edge. He looks up in the sky. There was broad moonlight falling on him. He can see the moon clearly. He smiles one last time and looks down. Then remembers something. Something from about 10  years ago. He closes his eyes.

It was summer. A huge swimming pool. Few kids are taking classes on swimming as it is summer. Most of the kids swim really well. They are also capable of jumping into the swimming pool from some height. Of course, they were doing it under the guidance of a lifeguard. All the kids who jumped up from a height gathered together and started laughing at a kid. What was that lifeguard doing now?

"You can't swim properly. So let be jumping from there." - They tease him.

"I can. I'll show you." - said the boy and rushed to the ladder. He climbed it and stood up on the edge. He was about to jump. Then he looked down. A sudden weight on his chest. He was afraid of heights. The other kids were laughing at him. He wanted to jump but he couldn't. He closed his eyes in fear. Then he heard a voice. The voice of an angel - "You don't have to do it if don't want to."

He opened his eyes and turned around. "You don't have to jump just because they are teasing you. They are just a bunch of idiots." - said the little girl. He looked at the other kids and thought about what she said. "Why are helping me? You could have encouraged me to jump or make fun of me like them." - the boy asked.

"Why should I? It's your choice. To jump or not. Who am I to decide?" - the little girl said confidently.

He looked at the other kids and laughed at them.
"What is your name?" - The boy asked.

"Riya. What is yours?"

"Arjun."

"Friends?" - Arjun asked.
"Hmm.  Forever." - little RIya said excitedly.

Arjun opens his eyes. He takes a deep breath again and gets ready to jump. Just then the terrace door opened with a huge sound. It was Raj. 

"Arjun, Get down from there. What do you think you are doing?" - Raj said calmly

"Even I don't know what I am doing. Leave me alone, Raj." - Arjun turned around again.

Raj took a couple of big steps and grabbed Arjun's shirt. He pulled him down. They both fell down. Arjun tried to resist. He kept moving but Raj was holding him. 

"Leave me alone" - Arjun

"Stop it, you idiot.
Everyone is worried about you. Your parents. Aditi. Me. And your friend below." - Raj

Friend below?

This makes him Arjun think.

"Friend below? What do you mean by that?" - Arjun said in confusion

"There's a girl in the room next to the one you took a rest in. I heard a sound of glass breaking in the next room and I woke up. I thought you were in that room. I checked it and I only found that the girl had fallen on the ground near broken glass bottles. She told me to be here and to come here quick." - Raj explains hoping this would make him calm.

Arjun stays silent but only for a couple of seconds. He manages to get out of Raj's grip.
Arjun runs down the stairs. He's in the hallway now looking the a girl trying to stand up with the help of a chair as support. She was looking at him too. The moonlight was falling on her. Arjun stays silent. His eyes are widened. She looks like an angel. 

She smiles and says - "Still afraid of heights?"

Tears start rolling down from his eyes slowly. He moves towards her. She sits in the chair. Arjun kneels down and looks at her. He holds her hands. Arjun starts crying. He placed his head on her lap. His eyes flooded with tears. Anyone in that hallway can hear him crying. 

"It's ok. It's ok" - She says to calm him down. 
"I am here." says the angel.
"It's ok, Arjun." says Riya, his Bestfriend.

Most people think men need money mostly in their life.

Actually, Men don't need money. We just need someone in our life who can stay beside us in hard times and say "It's ok. You tried your best. Take some rest now."