The Fall!

Love is really a weird thing. It can happen at any time anywhere with anyone. 

Who doesn't want to be in love!

Being in love makes you feel a lot of things. With no reason of course. 

Being in love makes you the happiest. Being in love makes you forget everything around you. Forget all the negativity around you. All the sad things. It's just you and your love of life.

But is it ok? To be completely brainwashed by that love? Brainwashed until you realize it's not just you and your love of life. It's just you and the idea of you being in love. Just you and your imagination. 

And when you realize this, Does it hurt? 

Yes. A lot.

The Freshers Party was almost completed. All of them were enjoying a lot. Especially Arjun.

Then the last performance of the night. A guy stepped up on the stage. A senior. He looked good. Then The music started to play. That song that Arjun never wanted to listen to. 'Darshana'
He looked at Riya. She was smiling. And he forgot the rest. He didn't pay any attention to that guy singing or that song.

Arjun was dancing and looked at Riya.
Arjun spoke to his friends and looked at Riya.
He wanted to keep looking at her.

Everyone was enjoying their group dance. But Arjun was enjoying the thought of him loving Riya. He didn't think anything after his proposal. 

It was 9 PM. That day was sure one of the best days in Arjun's life. He played games. He danced. He laughed with his whole heart. And he did all of these with his friends. New Friends.

He thought he was no more alone. A new chapter of his life began. A happy one.
The one where he imagined only a smile on his face. 
The one where he saw his friends by his side throughout his lifetime.
And the reason for his sudden expectations and hope is not Riya. 

It was his idea and selfishness of him alone being happy in life. He never thought about what other people thought. You expect too much from other people when you don't know what they think and expect from you. You build up your hopes and expectations too much only to get them destroyed all at once in the end.

Everyone started leaving. Raj and Arjun chatted a bit. Arjun told him he was gonna propose Riya.
Raj encouraged him. Raj and Aditi left on Raj's bike. Arjun and Riya were walking to their home. They were alone. They were laughing. While walking their hands brushed each other's. Suddenly, A spark went through Arjun's body. Sweat formed around his forehead when he was minutes away from reaching his house. He wanted to propose to her right then. But how could he even speak when his all concentration was on calming down his heartbeat which began to beat like crazy thanks to Riya?

They reached the path where they had to walk separately. Riya said bye to Arjun, Arjun did too and Riya started walking to her home. A strong wind started suddenly. Maybe it was going to rain. But that doesn't matter to Arjun. He stayed there for a few minutes and took deep breaths. 
When he believed he gathered the courage to propose to Riya he started walking towards her home. He knew she would still be walking. He knew why he wanted to propose to her and how he wanted to do that. But he didn't think of her reply. Well! Can't blame Arjun for that. That boys like him are when they are in love. They only think about things that make them happy. Only them. They won't come back to reality until reality hits them with its worst side. The same was true with Arjun. And in his case, Reality hit pretty hard. He was minutes away from her house when he saw a girl who looked just like Riya. She was talking with someone. A boy. Suddenly a fear was born in his heart. She was laughing. She placed her hand on his shoulder. That boy is the senior guy who sang at the end.

"It's ok. They might be friends. Cousins. It's nothing." is what Arjun thought at that moment.
Then they hugged each other.
Arjun started taking deep breaths. Whatever he was seeing, he wanted it to be a dream. 

"So what's up with you and Arjun?" - Aditi asked Raj after they reached her home.
Aditi saw Raj and Arjun winking at each other and exchanging some smiles.

"Oh right! I didn't tell you na. Arjun has a crush on Riya and he's gonna propose to her now. I just encouraged him." - Raj

"WHAT?
wait. Riya didn't tell you anything." - Aditi

"About what?" - Raj

Clouds began to gather in the sky.

Riya and that senior broke their hug. His hands were on Riya's waist and her hands were on his shoulders. Arjun's eyes widened. 

"Riya already has a boyfriend." - Aditi

That senior and Riya slowly kissed each other when the lighting started in the sky.

"Oh shit!" - Raj started his bike and started going towards Riya's house hoping to find Arjun there before it was too late. But what Raj didn't know was, It's already too late.

A raindrop fell on Arjun's cheek from the sky covered with dark clouds. Those two broke their kiss, looked at each other, and laughed. And this threw Arjun into complete darkness. 

Rain started. Those two rushed toward her house. He started his bike and left. Riya went into her house. Both of them were happy without knowing about the guy standing there in the rain. The guy who just got his heart broken.

Arjun turned behind and started walking. He didn't what to do. He wanted someone to share his pain. He wanted but he couldn't. A pop sound from his mobile. A video message in a group chat with his classmates. The video of that senior singing that song. It was raining. It was that song. Arjun got his heart broken. Again. 

The same song. The same weather.

Few people think rain can be romantic. Well, not to everyone. 

A smile formed on Arjun's lips. It widened. He started laughing out loud. 

"What is there to be sad? What is there to cry? This is not new to me, is it? I am an idiot to believe I can find someone who can love me. Who can even love me? Everyone who loves me, everyone who's been kind to me until now. They were acting. In truth, everyone hates me. I am worthless. I got nothing. My parents don't love me anymore. I have no friends. Everyone just uses me for their benefit." - such thoughts were going around in Arjun's mind.

The rain started to pour down heavily. Vehicles had trouble with that rain. A car was passing through the same street. The driver couldn't see the road properly. He couldn't see Arjun. The car hit Arjun.

Arjun was barely conscious. He tried to move but he couldn't. He tried to speak but couldn't.

Raj reached him. He saw Arjun on the ground. Bleeding.

"Arjun" - Raj screamed. The driver of the car took Arjun to the nearby hospital.

"Arjun. Arjun. It's ok. You are fine. Look at me." - Raj tried to keep him conscious.

"It hurts." - Arjun mumbled. Then he fell unconscious. They admitted him to the hospital.  The same hospital where Lily was. In the room next to Lily's.

So, what's gonna happen now?

Falling is like a sad thing. When a precious thing falls, it breaks. The same thing happened to Arjun.

 He fell. He fell too hard.