Chapter Sixteen: ...Never Broken Again

After the group attack, Seraphina and Arlo rushed John to the carnival infirmary where he rested while the others awaited his awakening.

Seraphina paced back and forth, She read the syringe multiple times making sure she hadn't messed up a single step in what it said. She didn't want to cause the carnival staff to get hurt, but she wanted her terrible back.

"Knock knock," A bright Remi walks into the infirmary "How are you doing?," Remi asks softly "He's making a good but slow recovery..," The Ace crossed her arms "Don't worry he's John, He'll survive," Remi spoke "Ugh..," Both females heard a low groan coming from John's room..

"...Sera..?,"

The voice called again, Seraphina's eyes began to prick with water, She swiftly turned toward the doorway to John's room

"JOHN!,"

Seraphina dashed in, not caring if she'd fall or not. tightly hugging the raven who was trying to stand "Woah!," John yelled trying to regain his balance before he realized who ran into his arm who was now sobbing loudly into his shoulder.

"I thought I lost you!," Seraphina cried "H-Hey I'm back...Don't worry," John rubbed the magenta's back "I'm tired of you saying that," Seraphina looked back up at the raven "When will this end...When will you tell me your alright?," Seraphina met eyes with John, noticing the always lit fire in his eyes slowly die down before she there was nothing in them.

"..Your right..," John whispered, tears forming "I've been lying to you this hole trip," John admitted "I'm fucking tired, My whole body hurts, and I hate seeing you break just for me!," John cried "I love you so much just to see you hurt..," John muttered gripping Seraphina close to him where nobody could take him, Seraphina rubbed the raven's back while her face was slowly becoming its natural color after her crush mentioned he loved her "Hey don't worry we'll solve this.," Seraphina closed her eyes, enjoying that her terrible was back but was also devastated that he felt this way.

Knock Knock!I

Seraphina and John quickly pull away "Are you guys in here??," Isen's head pokes through the door "Oh there you two are!," Isen noticing the two, as he opens the door fully where the two god teirs could notice the rest of the gang "Heh here we are!," John glanced around the room.

"How are you feeling," Remi asked the raven "Really tired..," John answered "But don't worry we can still go do something in town," John said "Don't worry being tired won't affect me," As John said that both Remi and Seraphina gave John a look like they weren't going to have that "You need to rest you've been through alot since this trip started," Seraphina told the raven "Yeah! We can just hang out at the beach house while you rest," Remi looked toward the others "I think Elaine and Blyke had found some game boards in the closets," Remi questioned as the two gave a nod "Beside it's already six, it's best if we head home before we get attacked again," Arlo flipped his phone over allowing the others to see the time "You can sleep on the way back and once we get back to the house," Seraphina pulled John's arm toward the door

"Wait, what about Claire and Adorin?," John quickly speaking up, Seraphina stopped before turning toward him "They had to go their parents were looking for them," The Ace respond "They told me to tell you they hope to see you soon and in a better and not harmful situation," Seraphina smiled "Now let's go," Seraphina then continued to pull the Joker "Sera!!!," John whined as the others laughed behind John as they followed.

Once the RV had started moving, John crashed, hearing his small snoring as they rode along the road. Seraphina pulls a large sheet of paper out as she unrolls it onto the table, the sheet of paper was a bunch of attacks and pictures that they were able to get when they were attacked along with a small piece of written information from what happened at the attack.