Chapter Nineteen: Don't Tell Me I'm Not Good Enough! (Part One)

The last thing he'd remembered was falling..

Falling to his despise..

His body didn't respond to any of his movements, He didn't question that though, he already knew why..But why didn't his body hurt?.

John blinked open his eyes as they adjusted to the light "Ugh..," John groaned slightly. Feeling a woman's hands tightly wrapped around his chest down to his waist, John recognized the woman's tight grip. As his eyesight finally dissolved where he could see the figure of the woman he loved so much.

"Hey.. Sera," John smiled weakly "Don't move..,"His angel's voice could be heard but his eyes wouldn't let him see his angel fully, Then he felt the pain again only this time it was like it was trying to heal itself...

"Elaine, are you doing okay?," John could hear Arlo's voice in the back before hearing Blond again grunt. He could feel the blond's barrier ability was active as he heard a grunt or groan from that side from time to time.

"I'm doing alright, It's not a deep wound but it isn't pretty either..," Elaine muttered "But you'll be able to heal it right?," Seraphina asked worriedly "Of course I will but it'll be super easy to tear again," John felt Elaine's hands as she placed her hands near John's stomach wound, "Sera..," John lifted his hand as he searched for his angel's hand.

"I'm here my terrible," Seraphina whispered, grabbing ahold of John's weak hand "Where's Blyke and Isen," John asked "Their out in the living room watching if Keon attacks," Seraphina explained gripping John's hand slightly "Where are we?..," John began lifting himself up "Woah John don't move or you'll tear the first layer of skin!," Elaine squeaked as Seraphina slightly brought the raven back down to the ground

"Dear let Elaine finish healing the first layer," Seraphina heard John grunt before relaxing again "Fine, but I'm helping so it's not so easy to tear..," John took his other hand activating his ability, copying Elaine's healing ability before helping Elaine heal the stomach wound.

——————————————————————————

"Dude you're supposed to be watching guard!,"

Blyke yelled toward the other side of the living room as he watched Isen come back from the kitchen with a sandwich in hand "Hey I got hungry!," Isen yelled back "If you asked maybe I would have brought you one," Isen said taking a bite of the sandwich "Just tell me if you sensed anybody," Blyke giving up on the sandwich issue "Nope I didn't feel a thing," Isen responded "But I heard John's awake and him and Elaine are healing his wound," Isen said "He's already using his ability?," Blyke asked "Isn't it the best to use your ability when you're injured?," Blyke questioned "It's John what do you expect Blyke?," Isen said letting out a small chuckle as Blyke allowed a smirk on his face before it quickly faded as he looked at Isen for a moment.

This wasn't Isen.

This wasn't his best friend...

The Isen that stood in front of Blyke was wearing a black shirt with no wound on his right side of him, the real Isen was wearing a dark green shirt with a side wound that had a blood stain on his shirt. Then his eyes were more red than the usual amber they were.

Blyke's eyes shifted to Isen's side "Hey what happened to that wound on your right side?," Blyke pointed out quietly as the golden's eyes flash open "H-Huh," He looked down at his side "O-Oh you m-must've been seeing things Bly..-,". Isen paused "Bly..," Blyke quickly activated his ability, pushing Isen against the wall hard.

!!SLAM!!

"Where is he..," Blyke growled, his eyes flashing a brighter gold, as the fake Isen smirked "Guess you found out," The fake Isen's eyes flashed a bright red before his skin began to melt off as Blyke threw himself off him "Having issues hun?," A woman's voice said "What the?!," Blyke muttered.