Chapter 13- Poppy

Kian comes walking back into the room after seeing Jc storm out and slam the door shut across the hallway while he has a towel over his waist and you can see his V line, he is taking a q-tip to his ear, and readjusting his nose ring, changing the black hoop, to his silver one.

"What just happened?" Kian asks and looks across the hallway while taking out his nose ring and replacing it.

"Jc's grandma just died Kian.." I say while looking down.

"Are you serious? Is..is he okay?" Kian looks puzzled, while looking at me.

"I don't know babe, he was crying" I say.

"I'm gonna go check on him, stay here" He says.

I watch Kian walk across the hallway with his brown hair sticking up and the blue towel still wrapped around his waist from his shower. Kian walks in, and I hear Jc asking Kian want he wants. I feel so bad for Jc, that is never fun to lose someone you love. Speaking of, I think I'm going to try and call my mom again. She still hasn't called me back, usually when she doesn't answer she is with Poppy in the hospital. I phone her again. She answers on the 4th ring. Finally.

"Hello?" She says.

"Hey, mom. I tried calling you before. Hows poppy doing?" I ask.

"He's alright. I'm sitting with him as we speak, he is sleeping. They're thinking of sending him home in about 2 days, he will receive Hospice Care. Where are you, Mel?" Mom asks.

"I'm with Kian right now, I think I might spend the day with him till' about 5, then I'll come up there and come see grandpa?" I say asking her with confidence.

"Sure, sweetheart. Text me when you're on your way up here. I love you." She says.

"Love you too mamma, and I will. Bye" I hang up, and as I'm hanging up I see Kian coming back into the room.

"Is he alright?" I ask.

"He's fine. He's smoking a fucking blunt, he shouldn't even being doing that in the college guest dorm room, he says he has the window open and it won't smell, I doubt that. He really should be going to see his mom. But, he's going over to see Jane instead" Kian says. I pull out my phone to text Jane.

'Jane, Jc is upset right now, not over you. So, when he comes over, he isn't mad at you. lol' 

"Jc shouldn't be smoking weed...it makes things worse" I state.

"I tried to tell him that. I used to be that person. I used to smoke my problems away, everyday, before my parents got divorced, I used to see my dad stumble in the door at midnight, with a beer bottle in his hand, that resulted in me doing bad things at only the age of 14. I would drink too. Shit like that does nothing, well...it does for a little, and then wears off and then you're feeling the same as you did before...shitty" Kian says while sitting down on the bed and lighting another cigarette, while opening the window, because you really aren't supposed to be smoking anything in the dorm rooms, but he does it anyways.

"Babe, when do you need to go home?" Kian asks.

"Around 4:30. I need to go see my Poppy in the hospital." I state.

"Is he doing okay?" Kian asks while blowing out smoke from his cigarette.

"He's fine. Just sleepy lately. He gets to go home in 2 days my mom said. I just spoke with her, but he is on Hospice" I say.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asks.

"Sure. Let me just text my mom and tell...I mean ask her." I pull out my phone and Jane responded.