15.

One Month Later

Von and Dave walked through Walmart, making groceries for the house while having brief conversation with one another during their time of shopping.

They walked down the aisle that contained the bread, an item that Asia had put on the list for them.

Picking up the honey wheat bread, "This the one she want." Von informed as he carefully sat the bread in the shopping cart.

"You wildin'. She not gone want that, man." Dave frowned, chuckling when Von briefly side eyed him.

"I know my girlfriend. She gone want this Nature's Own honey wheat bread, on King David." Von confidently replied, grabbing another loaf of bread, and he sat it in the shopping cart.

"Fuck no." Dave rebutted as his frown deepened in disagreement.

"Aight then. Since yo ugly ass think you know everything- which bread she gone want?" Von asked, leaning against the shelves.

"This one." Dave replied as he grabbed the Wonder brand white bread off the shelf.

"Hell nah." Von muttered, jerking his head back as he mugged Dave.

Both being displeased with the other, believing that the other didn't know Asia as well as they thought and should have, they stood in the aisle as they contemplated the correct choice of bread.

"We gone call ha and let ha choose which one she like." Dave suggested, unlocking his phone, and he went to Asia's contact name.

"Bet five bands on it, goofy." Von added, pulling a stack of money out of the pocket of his Amiri jeans.

"Bet, nigga." Dave confidently scoffed as he held his hand, and Von shook it.

Dave tapped on the FaceTime icon, waiting for the call to connect until Asia answered on the fourth ring.

"What?" She jokingly asked, furrowing her eyebrows when Dave sat the phone on the shelf, propping it up against a loaf of bread.

Von grabbed one of the loafs of honey wheat bread, holding it in the camera. "Tell this nigga you like honey wheat bread, Ma."

"No, she don't. She like white bread." Dave sighed, putting his hands on his hips out of frustration.

Asia laughed at the two, shaking her head in disbelief that they were arguing over her favorite type of bread, and she found the argument funny and petty.

"So y'all really fussin' about types of bread that I like?" She rhetorically asked as she tilted her head to the side, waiting for one of them to answer.

"Just say it." Von frustratedly replied, lowly sighing as he observed his surroundings.

"Honey wheat is my favorite." She answered, laughing when Dave smacked his lips.

Von held his hand out, causing Dave to pull five bands out of his small backpack, and he put the money in his hand.

"Y'all niggas made a bet?" Asia laughed, briefly bucking her eyes.

"Get the fuck off my phone." Dave retorted before he picked up the phone, hanging it up in her face.

"Come on, man. I'm ready to get the fuck out this sto'." Von mumbled, walking down the aisle while Dave pushed the shopping cart.

Taking another thirty minutes to finish grocery shopping, Dave and Von checked each item out at Self Checkout before leaving the store.

"I have a question." Dave abruptly said as Von walked over to the driver's side of the car.