5

-Chapter Five-
-Interrogation Begins-

****

I used my hand to wipe the tears out of my eyes then redressed myself. I looked at myself in the mirror before splashing water on my face. I knew it was only a matter of minutes before he knocked on the door. That's if he hadn't already left the room which i doubt.

I looked at myself and smiled, even though it was hard to hold it up I still did. After regaining myself I reluctantly pushed the door and walked out. He was sitting on the bed focused on his phone. The sound of me walking out made him look up, his eyes landing on me.

"Just in time, we leave soon" he announced and stood to his feet, my brows knitted, what did he mean we leave soon? Leave to go where.

He walked towards me, stopping directly in front of me and looking down at me, "can I ask a question?" I inquired. "You just did" he responded, taking that as a yes i went ahead with my question, "wh-where are we?" My eyes met him in a searching stare down.

He completely ignored my question and said, "Give me your hand." I was confused but when I didn't move he grabbed my hand and forced it into handcuffs. He didn't put both of my hands in, I was thankful for that. "Please answer my question" I pleaded, my voice tiny as I looked at him with doe eyes. He looked back at me for a good minute before sighing and saying, "a long way from home", such a shallow response. I frown.

He tugged my hand a little signaling me to walk with him. We exited the room, there were two guards standing at either side of the doors with guns, they weren't here to protect me they were here to keep me under control. Leonardo led me down a hall to the left, it was much like the others littered with guards. They all threw disgusted looks my way, it was as if they hated me.

Unknowingly I shifted closer to Leonardo, he noticed this and whispered, "they can't do anything without my command so you should be afraid of me not them" still i didn't move away from him.

We soon reached an office-like room, it was larger than the average office though. He let go of one side of the cuff then locked the door turning back to me he ordered it sit. Slowly I made my way over to the chair closest to me he followed after taking the opposite seat.

Now facing him, my eyes carried no emotions, this man was evil, the definition of it. How could he be so nice one second and then betray his face the next. "I have a few questions for you" he stated, flicking a pen between his fingers. I decided to bargain, "i have a few for you also" i told him, i didn't ask this time he was a bully and the best way to get to bullies was to use their same strategy.

"Hmm, you go first" he stated, sitting back and adjusting his hip. I took a moment to myself thinking of the best questions first. Deciding to start light I said, "what do you want from me?" I searched his eyes for any emotions that may betray him for the slightest second but nothing came, "answers, i want to know everything you know about that 'job'," he responded. I nodded, "okay.... Hmm why did you examine my body?" I held his gaze.

His pen stopped spinning, "you have some pretty simple questions. Why did I examine your body? I was looking for any tattoos that is significant in my world that'll help me to know if you're lying about not knowing who i am and what your 'job' was about" i didn't expect such a depth answer but what caught me attention was the mention 'my world' what did he mean by that.

I nodded, "how do i prove I'm innocent and will you let me go after?" This was the most important question, my heart was thumping in my chest as I awaited his answer. "You're not innocent, facts still remain, You did play a part even if you were blindsided as you claim" he replied, i bit my lips nervously, "no that's wrong" i said. His jaw clenched, "okay let's put it this way. Let's say I died . Do you think you would have been let off? No you would be deemed an accomplish" he deadpanned.