A Tense Trip - Part II

When the brothers came up to John Dory and Branch, they thankfully did not comment on the conversation they had just overheard, but they did instead mention that they should try and practice later for when they go to get Floyd out of the diamond prison which John hesitantly accepted before heading off to the driver's area to get away from his brothers properly for a bit.

Melody was surprised, but not upset by it.

"You okay, you doof?" Melody decides to ask hesitantly wanting to help but not meeting his gaze when he looks at her in surprise.

Then he sighed, "No, actually... I-I uh... I'm feeling all my failures right now."

Melody didn't look at him, which made him comfortable enough to talk with her about it all.

"I abandoned my brothers, and somehow because of that my baby brother's colors are duller and he's become pretty jaded... I abandoned my wife for years all because I was butthurt and couldn't handle a little stress and fighting... I alienated my brothers so far from me that the mere idea that I know what they are really like as people instead of their Band-sonas is too much for them to even consider a possibility. Oh, and I forced a kiss on my estranged wife in my foolish overexcitement at still having the moves and flow I had when we were teenagers. I just can't help feeling like a failure right now."

Melody nodded her head in understanding before flooring him with a non-chalant answer.

"I guess hiding the truth does come to bite you in the ass when you're older and wiser. Branch's faded coloring and jadedness isn't really your fault all that much, but you are still part of the reason for that happening. As for the abandoning your wife thing, I doubt she saw it as you being butthurt and incapable of taking it. Your brothers? I can't really say for sure, but I think hiding the truth might've kept them from understanding your point of view. Oh and kissing your wife? I would've figured that's a pretty normal thing to do with a spouse."

John Dory looked at her in shock as she simply began humming the tune of the song he himself had been humming earlier making him smile.

"Sing." She demanded of him.

John Dory didn't hesitate as she continued humming and he started singing.

"Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh"

Melody began to bob her head to the music and rhythm as she continued to hum the melody and he continued the song onwards.

"You and I go hard
At each other like we're going to war
You and I go rough
We keep throwing things and slamming the door"

To John's surprise, Melody took over for him briefly, knowing the words somehow without ever having heard the song before.

"You and I get so
Damn dysfunctional, we start keeping score
You and I get sick
Yeah, I know we couldn't do it no more, ayy"

John smiled nostalgically as he looked at the world outside before them as he resumed singing with Melody both unaware of Branch and Popy beginning to listen in to their musical conversation excitedly.

"But baby, there you go again, there you go again
Making me love you
Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head
Let it all go, ooh"

At that subtle encouragement, she relented and revealed her true feelings regarding their unprompted kiss back on Vacay Island and from their past encounters and relationship.

"Got you stuck on my body, on my body
Like a tattoo
And now I'm feeling stupid, feeling stupid
Crawling back to you"

At this their volume had grown to the point that not only was Tiny, Branch and Poppy able to hear them but Clay, Bruce, and Celeste all heard them now and were listening attentively.