Decisions and Beginnings

After some time the group made it to Vacay Island where everyone was properly introduced and then had dinner all together to really catch up which they all really enjoyed before each couple went their separate ways and Tiny went to bed in the same room as Bruce and Brandy's several kids. The adults having all decided to throw a final BroZone reunion concert on Vacay Island before going about settling out arrangements so they could continue to be in each others lives even if not all the time.

In the end, most of them had reached big decisions and figured things out.

Celeste and Floyd had decided to go back to Troll Village with Poppy and Branch for a time while they finished recovering from everything at Mount Rageous physically and mentally before going on their long put-off honeymoon to kick off their marriage properly. Bruce had decided and coordinated with Brandy to be able to go and meet with his brothers at least every six months to a year for a month or two. Brandy having been encouraging of his desire to reconnect with his brothers and spend time with his side of the family, not to mention his kids who had all enjoyed helping their mom and learning the job and thus welcomed the bursts of absences in the future from their dad to really shine with all their skills. Though they themselves had worked out a schedule amongst themselves to help their parents year round with the restaurant.

Poppy and Branch had become engaged and had decided to wait at least one year before hosting their wedding so that all of their family could be present there including Brandy, and Bruce and Brandy's kids and all of the snack pack and all of the tribes. Yes, they had decided to host their wedding in the future so that everyone who had been part of their adventures and journey to getting to where they were today could be there without fail. The two were excited to spend the rest of their lives together and only hoped that back home everyone else would be as supportive of Poppy's choice in King as Melody, Celeste, Viva, and the Brothers and Bergen Royals had been.

Then there was, of course, Clay and Viva. They had had a bit of a difficult time figuring out what to do, but in the end decided it would be best if they returned after the concert to the Putt Putts and told them of their adventure in mount rageous and discoveries without sparing any detail and letting them take some time to decide whether to return to Troll Village or to stay at the Golf Course. They could only hope that the PuttPutts would love to go back so that they too could go back to Troll Village with a clear conscience. Clay and Viva had also begun dating since the events of Mount Rageous on that yacht, and the two felt really happy together. They decided it would be best for them to take things slow and figure things out together as they come.

However, Melody and John were undecided yet on what to do going forward. They had forgiven each other and were happy to be back together and excited for the future. But there was no clear idea in their minds of what to do after the concert. They could go back home to Troll Village and spend time there with their family. It certainly made sense to them. But both had their reasons why that didn't feel quite right for them. They also could go and live in the middle of nowhere in the mountains, just them and Rhonda, but that also felt wrong. They were both exhausted of being alone and also exhausted from being surrounded by others at all times. They both really felt just drawn to going wherever the road might take them and just being together the two of them. They both just wanted to really be the married couple on a honeymoon.

"We could... start by going to see that sunrise you've always dreamed of seeing?" John Dory suggested as they discussed it in private in what was now THEIR bedroom inside Rhonda.

Melody hummed in contemplation as she finished putting her sleep shirt on for the night as John just sat up on the bed, looking up at the ceiling in thought.

"I guess... But I don't know... Doesn't that seem... kind of boring now? I mean... We've both already done and seen so much by now."

"You're right, you're right

"You're right, you're right... What we need is to have some fun, just you and I. Like we used to do before you became Queen and BroZone went professional."

Melody offered him a smile, "Our fun used to mostly consist of pranks and road trips whenever we had the ability to leave Viva and Bruce in charge of everything with Celeste and Floyd to help them out."

"Well, the only difference now is that you're no longer Queen, and I'm no longer having to raise my younger brothers anymore since they're all adults now, much like your little sisters. A road trip could be a good starting point for us. It could give us time and space in moderation due to rest stops to really reconnect better and properly, as well as just being able to enjoy being free of responsibilities. Poppyseed and Branch already said they'd get Tiny Diamond back to Guy Diamond and take care of Troll Kingdom. Viva and Clay are going to look after the Putt Putts and help them figure out what they want to do now that there's no Bergen Threat anymore. Celeste and Floyd are going home to Troll Village to recover from everything completely before heading out on an overdue honeymoon. Bruce and Brandy have their kids and restaurant to look after... We're free to do whatever we want..."

"Except now..." Melody answers with a tired sigh, "Now we don't even know what we want because we've never had time to even think about that."

John Dory sighed with her and answered, "Yeah..."

Melody then saw a picture on the wall next to John Dory and smiled as he saw it was a picture he had collaged of him and her from when they were teenagers the morning after they married. They had woken up at different moments in the morning briefly and picked up his old polaroid, and snapped a picture of their sleeping form.

"I thought I'd lost that picture."

John Dory followed her line of sight before answering with a small laugh, "Yeah... I saw it in your bag one day and grabbed it to make that picture. I wanted to make a copy for each of us, but I never got the chance to give you yours."

Melody was touched, and then she took in the sight of him and smiled as she then took off her top and straddled his lap, exciting him.

"I have a better present in mind that I'd like."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Then I guess I better give you that present, my wife."

"You better, my husband..."

AN: Smut will not be explicitly described in this story, mostly due to the fact that I want this to still be somewhat child-friendly. However, eventually, I might make an adult only version with the smut included, we'll see. Anyway, moving on.

| The Next Morning |

Melody awoke to a familiar hand caressing her cheek gently and a familiar loving smile directed at her from her husband as he greeted her lovingly.

"Good morning, darling."

Melody smiled as she cuddled tiredly up to him, "Good mornin', honey..."

"Still need coffee to wake up..."

"Only one cup..."

"Well then, I guess it's good that I made sure to brew us a pot before waking you up my sleeping beauty."

"Why, thank you... That's so sweet."

"Anything for you."

The two shared a sweet kiss before getting up reluctantly and readying for the day ahead, making sure to drink their pot of coffee together before heading out.

TBC