𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Long enough that death's a gift (oh, girl)

.𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟.

𝕀ℕ the majestic Hallelujah Mountains, where The People dwelled in harmony with nature, the air thrummed with anticipation as the sound of a horn reverberated through the valley. Tuk, a spirited child with a toy ikran in hand, perked up at the familiar call, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "They're coming!" Tuk exclaimed joyfully, her voice carrying through the crowd as she dashed towards her sister and Spider. "They're coming! Kiri, Spider!" she called out, her delight infectious.

"The war party's coming back! Come on, come on," Tuk urged them eagerly, her small hand tugging at their sleeves in excitement.

Kiri, her expression a mixture of pride and anticipation, nodded in agreement. "Let's go, come on," she said, her voice tinged with excitement as she and Spider followed Tuk's lead, joining the throng of eagerly awaiting onlookers. Together, they made their way to the edge of the settlement, where the war party arrived, their faces alight with triumph and camaraderie. As the warriors returned from battle, victorious and resolute, the community welcomed them with open arms, their spirits lifted by the unity and strength of their people.

As Arya flew into the base alongside the rest of the party, she held Neteyam close to her on her ikran, her grip tight with the lingering fear of almost losing her children. As they landed, Arya carefully helped Neteyam off the ikran, her movements gentle and protective. Neytan dismounted from his own ikran, and Tuk's joyful call drew his attention. "Dad!" Tuk's voice rang out, filled with excitement and relief. Neytan's smile widened as he opened his arms, welcoming his daughter into a warm embrace. "Tuk..." he murmured, his voice tender as they hugged each other tightly.

As Lo'ak landed and dismounted from his ikran, Arya's voice cut through the moment, firm and commanding. "Fall in," she ordered sternly, her gaze sweeping over her family as they obediently gathered around her. Still trembling from the close call, Arya struggled to maintain her composure. "You're supposed to be spotters. You spot bogeys, and you call 'em in," Arya admonished her two sons, her voice tinged with frustration. "From a distance! Jesus. I let you two fly a mission... and you disobey direct orders."

Arya's gaze softened as she noticed Kiri looking worriedly at Neteyam's back. "Kiri, baby girl, can you please go help your grandmother with the wounded? Please?" Arya's tone softened, a plea for assistance in the midst of her mounting stress.

"My brother is wounded," Kiri protested, her concern evident in her voice.

"It's fine, Mother. I take full responsibility," Neteyam interjected, his voice calm despite the pain he must have been feeling. Neytan nodded in agreement with his son's statement. Arya's gaze shifted from Neteyam to Neytan, a mixture of gratitude and concern in her eyes. "Ma Arya," Neytan spoke calmly, his voice a comforting presence amidst the chaos.