Ch. 3- You arent alone

Author notes: I wrote chapter 3 as chapter 2 HELP I finished writing this at 2 in the morning 💀 anyways that's all I wanted to say

Smg4.. are you okay?.." Meggy asked, gently resting her hand on four's shoulder.
"I'm- o-okay." His response was dreadful to hear, especially to three. Not with the words he said, even with the way he looked which was a mess, it was obviously he wasn't 'okay', His voice sounded so dry, and broken. It sounded like he hasn't been hydrated for days.
"Mario doesn't believe you're okay smg4." Mario went and placed his own hand on four's other shoulder, making eye contact with him.
"You look like you've been crying."
"Mario's right, I mean, have you..?" Three asked.

Four felt overwhelmed, cornered and having no way out. Maybe yes there was a way out but his legs were frozen, he couldn't move. He knows no matter what he could tell them what's going on, with anything he's dealing with and struggling with. He knows he can count on them, his friends, but for some reason he felt like he shouldn't say.
He had to though, he looked up and made eye-contact with them, more towards his beloved three and began to speak once again. "Yes. Yes I-I..have. I'm so sorry you guys.. I'm so-"
There it was again, the fresh tears coming down his face. He bowed his head down and brought his hands to cover his face as shame consumed him.
Three felt horrible for him. He urgently needed to know what was going on with four, why he looked the way he did, why he was crying.
Meggy went ahead and gently led smg4 inside the castle, having Mario and Three follow behind the two.
"Come on four, let's get you inside so we can talk.."

...

They all made it into four's room. Four sat down on his messy bed, having his gaze focus on the wooden floor beneath him as Meggy and Mario settled down as well. Three was okay with standing and stood a good distance in front of four. Four wiped away his tears and slowly calmed down before he spoke again. "Y-you guys should go.. I- I swear I'm okay.. I'm just tired.."
"ENOUGH OF THAT BULLSHIT FOUR!" Three's sudden outburst startled them.
"3! please calm down, shouting isn't going to do any good her-" Meggy tried to state but three interrupted.
"No! I'm just- I- he's lying! He's not okay! Something obviously happened!"
Mario hugged smg4 from the side and rubbed his hand up and down on four's back in a way of comforting him . The sudden outburst really frighten four. Three immediately felt guilty, as he didn't mean to lash out on him. He was just worried, and didn't like how he couldn't help four because he didn't know what was going on with him.
"Ju-just get out.. all of you." whispered four. Meggy turned her attention towards four once again.
"Four?.."
"I SAID GET OUT! PLEASE I JUST WANT TO BE ALONE!" Four brought his legs up and buried his head into his knees as Meggy and Mario flinched away from him. Meggy turned to look at three seeing how three was just as surprised as she was. Meggy faced four before making her way out.

"We'll leave you be but four, don't forget we are always here for you no matter what.. you know that right?"
Four didn't respond but Meggy didn't mind, letting four know he wasn't alone was good enough for her. Mario was quiet and he was nervous to give four a pat on the back or anything to try and comfort him once more in fear of him being pushed away or screamed at. Meggy and Mario made their way out and noticed three wasn't moving. He noticed them both, made eye-contact and motioned with his eyes that they could leave.
"I'll leave last guys." Smg3 said as he turned his head towards four.
"Mario and I will be back in the cafe to be there for eggdog and beeg, is that alright?" Three nodded, the footsteps of Meggy and Mario can be heard disappearing as the sound of the door finally opened and closed.

Three silently made his way towards the bed and gently sat himself next to four. Four had noticed three was still here with him, and not in the slightest was he upset about it.
"Hey.." Three started.
"I'm sorry for lashing out on you. You did nothing wrong I promise, it's my fault it's just- I'm.. just worried for you. " Three gently placed his hand on top of four's back, mimicking how Mario was trying his best to comfort him, moving his hand back and forth in a gentle manner. Four gave in to his touch, having his legs go down off the bed and sat up straight.
Some time passed as they were in the same position, silence consuming them. Four didn't mind the silence but it made him rather anxious on what was going to happen next. His anxiety faded away as three softly spoke.
"Would you please tell me what happened?.."