CHAPTER 10: CURSE CREATURE

"I'm not a demon, Rye!"

Of course Sophia dodged. She try to explain the most sense about who she is.

"Rye, I am a human from Earth."

"Earth?"

"I can't clearly explain it now what is Earth. However, i am curious, are demons very powerful?"

"Yes, Sophia. You don't know?"

"No demond on Earth, Rye."

"Seriously? So you have a peaceful life on Earth?"

Sophia wants to laught at Rye's conclusion. She can't imagine when Rye found out what exactly happens on Earth when some human becomes more dangerous than a demon due to the greed of gold, money and power. What kind of peaceful life if masacre everywhere just because of oil, gas, gold, land and they make the genocide legal only for billion dollar resources.

Yes there are some good people but number is getting less.

For example on her own life, best friend and her fiance cheat behind her back.

However for now, Sophia doesn't have any reason to explain about Earth. She must focus on her meal and how she explain to the lion that she is not a female demon.

"Including the female demon, are they also strong enough, Rye?" ask Sophia again.

"Hmm."

"Really?"

"Yes Sophia. They can kill tons of beastman." Rye explained.

"Then look at me, Rye!" Sophia's finger pointing to herself.

"If you restrain my body like what happened before on the grass when we met, I couldn't set my self free from you! If you let me alone in this forest, i will die for sure because i can't survive in wild life. Is the female demon as weak as me?"

Rye didn't think this far and he feels regret to what he was thinking.

"I'm sorry my female Sophia. I'm just afraid that you're putting yourself in danger if you eat that fire, and it is red flames. It's curse and i don't want you'll be taken by demon, i mean if you female demon and they are missing you."

"Will you kill me if I am a demon?" Sophia's curious.

"No! Even though you're a female demon I'll still love you because I've pledged allegiance to you, my female. You're my mate. I'm just worried that if you eat that the other beasts will come too. Moreover, we are close to the Achiyalabopa's tribe. They won't let any demons near their land and will burn you."

"Ah, no need to worry, Rye." Sophia moves her palm, touching the part where Rye's heart is pounding.

"I want to make this meal cooked. You can watch what I will do to the rabbit."

Rye still didn't understand. But Sophia's caress on his chest, this gives peace to his mind. Rye's willing to calm and he's watching what Sophia did. He's trying to be patient.

Indeed, what could he do except wait and see what the female had decided?

"Can you get a twig like this, Rye? I am running out of it. And i need more to preparing food for our dinner. More twig can make it faster." After Sophia tried to keep the fire alive and slowly growing, she shows Rye twig she's holding.

A small twig, dry and perfect for campfire.

"You embarrass me, Sophia, but you make me feel like you really love me too! This is frustating me."

"Heh?" Sophia didn't understand. Is telling to pick up a twig like she asked is embrassing for a beastman like him?

"I should be responsible for your meal. Females shouldn't be working. That is our duty. On the other hand, you touched my heart and makes me wanna cry by saying you will prepare food for me too. You feed me, my female."

Sophia doesn't know she should cry or laught. However Sophia know that Rye's not lie. He is really feel touched by her words.

Sophia can't stand and hug him tightly.

"Is it the rules here, Rye?" whisper her while he's still holding her.

"Hm." Rye nodded of course and Sophia understood what he meant. She look on his face and the difficulity of Rye's face.

"Listen Rye, the rules will be different in our family!"

"Huh?"

Rye wanted to ask more about this. But Sophia put her index finger on the lips of the golden-eyed lion that fascinated Sophia's mind. But she still need to explain and focus.

"Because i am your wife, then we have to do everything together, you can't taking care of us alone. That's one of the new rules in our family. Including all responsibilities at home, we work together and divide the tasks between us."

"Sophia, what is work together? Is it the same as catching prey in a group? You, you don't believe me can feed you, do you?"

"Hmm, same but it is not work like what you think. It's like I'm keeping this fire alive to ripen our food and you're looking for twigs to make this fire bigger and our meal will cook faster. So we share the job, do our duty to make it all be more interesting and we keep our bonding tightly"

"Ah, well, let me do it! If just such a twig, I will carry it as soon as possible!"

Sophia relieved. Imagine, if she lacks patience, she may already has heart attack. To get Rye get a twig, she must flirt him and then explain from coast to coast.

It's not easy to talk to him. But once he understood, Rye becomes an obedient beastman for Sophia.

'To be honest Rye is kind of man I want!' Sophia's not deny that in her heart.

'He seems happy. Because I could see his ears moving when I hugged him and his face red. Hihi, he's a cute and innocent lion, like I have a lion as a pet, right? Ha ha ha.'

Sophia imagined what is in Rye's heart. It's not difficult. All of his feeling is like a mirror on Rye's face.

Sophia is like talking and coaxing a five years old boy, but Rye has the physical abilities of an adult man aged twenty five to thirty years. Also, he can protect her.

Sophia still confusing about her new life. But the longer she talked to Rye, the more interested she became.

"He seem only cares of self-respect and love. Or because their kind are always crazy about their partner and wants to show off?"

Sophia still have no conclusion. However she's starting to learn the benefit from her current position as Rye's mate.

Aren't humans the smartest creatures to adapt to their new environment?

"Wow, how could you collect all the twigs? It's almost three square meters volume and you can collected just in a minutes!"

Sophia couldn't use them all at once or she'll makes a huge campfire.

"Is this not enough? I will bring more if you need more."

"Rye, you will burn us and all the forest!"

"What?" Rye's face shock and he throws the twigs.

"Now am I become curse creature that will destroy the beast land?"