CHAPTER 12: BEAUTY BUT DEADLY!

"Stay behind me Sophia!" Rye whispered softly near Sophia's ear.

He seemed worried that someone would hear what he said. When one of his feet had been moved the soil, Rye tried to bury the remaining fire, even though his eyes were still looking at the sky, Rye's in standby position.

"What's wrong Rye?"

But Rye couldn't explain anything to Sophia because right now ....

GROAAAAAAR

He had transformed into a male lion and roared very loudly until all the tree also shaking.

A roar that made Sophi's hearing the noise in the blue light above the sky.

"They are birds?"

Finally Sophia realized that the blue light glowing in the sky with red streaks on its tail and looks very beautiful, was not a phenomenon in the beastland's night sky. The blue light that seemed very close earlier already turned out to be a very large flock of birds and it was covering the sky above.

The flock of birds was disturbed by the sound of Rye's roar, they were in disarray, no longer keeping their ranks closer and solid.

Although Sophia was not affected by the voice.

"Sophia, get on my back! Hold on tight! Remember, don't fall! Whatever happens, keep holding on!"

Sophia didn't understand what will going on. However, Rye had ordered her like that, she immediately jumped on his back. Hiding among Rye's mane and fur.

Based on her feeling, Sophia knew that something bad is coming.

'Rye, what happened?'

Sophia felt that she had already said this question to the lion.

However, everything just choked in her throat because of her fear, Sophia couldn't get the words out.

Moreover, seeing Rye running so fast between big trees and carrying Sophia on his back, it was like she was on a 3D cinematic adventure. Rye run like a train driven by a computer program as if going through a dangerous journey. And Sophia, who's sitting on his back, feels like she's inside the train. She's so horrified.

She feels the real 3D effect when Rye who was running seemed to almost hit a tree, run in jungle with no light, no sign, brake, too fast too frightened her.

Sophia's mind still not accept how Rye can do that. Run fast without hitting the big tree in front of him, not slip and be so agile to move as if it's programmed.

It's amazing but it's also terrible.

Rye ran to avoid the open sky.

Rye's running under the shadow of a large, dense tree branch that covered his body.

But are they safe enough?

"Rye, we are still being chased!"

Finally Sophia could say this when she's hearing a sound like the sound of an eagle in the sky.

Her eyes are pointing upwards and Sophia could still see that there were flocks of birds trying to find them.

That flying bird can be faster than a lion on land of course.

For a moment, Sophia was amazed by the beauty of the bird's fur in the night sky. The fur looks very stunning. Reddish blue. It looks dashing over the sky.

Sophia also dreamed of flying freely as she was staring.

But Sophia realizes something about her and Rye's condition.

'Achiyalabopa!' Sophia knew they were chasing her with bad intentions so Rye tried to protect her and take Sophia away as fast as he could.

No more beauty! Sophia stop admiring for the beauty of the blue lord of the sky just now.

All that remains is her fears.

"You won't be able to run anywhere anymore!"

The voice sounded in unison,

'Fire! Rye!'

Sophia screamed again in her heart when the blue fire surrounded her place along with Rye and Sophia is holding Rye very tightly while she's hiding her face behind Rye's mane with her lips numb and her body's shaking.

"Damn!"

Sophia realized, Rye's complaint because they were surrounded by fire and could not go anywhere.

Sophia frightened.

But she's observing something.

'This fire is hot in my body even though I wasn't exposed to the fire. But how can no plants burn?' Sophia was puzzled by this new phenomenon she saw.

The blue flames did not hurt the plants around her, although the heat burned and made Sophia sweat. Even though the distance from the fire is still twenty meters around the circle. It is inconceivable if the fire is touching her skin.

Sophia shuddered in horror and felt guilty for insisting on asking Rye for fire.

Will she endanger Rye's life?

Sophia's so frustrating. This is what makes Sophia hug Rye tightly, of course, with one hand Sophia also holds the animal hide that Rye uses to cover important parts of his body. When Rye changed earlier, indeed Sophia had picked up and secured that one thing.

"Sophia, please forgive my failed. However, i won't give up. I will find a way to make them understand that we are not demons. Don't be afraid. As long as I am alive, I will always protect you, My Female."

Sophia could hear Rye's voice clearly and it seemed that he had misunderstood her. Instead of thinking that Sophia felt guilty for her compulsion to ask for fire, the strong restraint on his body made Rye think Sophia's terrifiying.

'But are the flocks willing to listen to Rye's explanation?'

Sophia isn't convinced when she look at the five birds that already in the circle of fire starting to descend from the sky.

They came down very elegantly and beautiful.

The tail is very long, piled up first on the ground and Sophia knew the birds have a very huge bodies compare birds in the earth.

Not much different from Rye. Their bodies are about five meters long from head to spine.

But that doesn't include their tails and Sophia's estimate of the tail length alone, it can reach fifteen meters.

It also makes Sophia curious. Are they stronger than the lion?

'But as far as I know, lions are kings of the jungle!' Sophia believed this.

That is why she's firmly holding Rye's body when the five birds had landed their claws on the ground. Sophia's trying to believe in Rye's strength.

"I'm not a demon! You guys misunderstood me!"

"So you belong to a demon worshipper? What tribe are you from?"

***

Thank you for reading my story. If any mistake on grammer or typo, please kindly mark it to help me correct it.

Sending love and best wishes for all of you from Bali - Indonesia 🥰🥰