Chapter 48 Pest Control

September 25, 2020
Friday Night Smackdown
Madison Square Garden
New York City, New York

Tonight's Smackdown comes off the heels of Summerslam after Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross finally get rid of the so-called Goddess busters, this time in Ember Moon and Dana Brooke. Despite the win, they got what they wanted somewhat by being put on notice by the current Women's Tag Team Champions in Liv Morgan and Ruby Riott. 

Apart from this, Sami will be in Smackdown to talk of his win against Vade Drifter and celebrate it in front of the fans. Even after it was considered a tainted win, Vade will not let this "victory" slide. 

Friday Night Smackdown
First Hour
Alexa and Nikki were in the ring and despite their victory from last Sunday, the pain in their faces portray anything but that. Alexa, with microphone in hand, begins.

Alexa: Thank you for the cheers. But right now, we can say we finally got noticed. 

Nikki nods but holds to her core as Alexa continues.

Alexa: Liv, Ruby, you think you can take us down like that easily? You only got lucky because of infighting between handler and the former champions. You may have the last laugh now but don't forget ladies. You're messing with the Twisted Sister and the Goddess of WWE! 

As the crowd cheered, someone spoke that rang through the arena.

???: Goddess huh?

The crowd looked into the screens to see Liv Morgan and Ruby Riott with the Women's Tag Team Titles on their shoulders at a remote location as Liv began to fire back.

Liv: Lexi, let's face it. You two are spent. You both had the titles but what was that phrase you kept firing at the Iiconics, Zelina, Carmella, Ember and Dana...oh that's right, you blew it!

Alexa nods as Liv begins to talk more.

Liv: Come on now. You did well while you were champion but that was a time we were only making noise. This time, you're the ones making noise while Rue-Rue and I are the ones with gold. Don't think we will let this slide but...well, got something to say to them Rue?

Ruby: Lexi, Nikki, you're on notice but don't think you can just call us out. Riots happen best, when you least expect it. So all we can say is, be careful or you won't be able to even be in shape to at least try to get these away from us.

Liv: Watch us! Ha ha!

Alexa and Nikki were left in the ring as Alexa fires a parting shot.

Alexa: You know we're going after you and you made this official. But need I remind you two, while you two were figuring out what to do amongst yourselves, Nikki and I were able to know who we are and became the first ever 2 time Women's Tag Team Champions. Enjoy the gold ladies, you may think we're the ones with targets on our backs? In fact, those belts are on borrowed time with you two misfits. We're coming to get back what's ours and make history to become the first ever 3 Time Women's Tag Team champs!

Start of 2nd Hour
In the Ring
Sami Zayn is in the middle of the ring, reveling still on his victory against Vade and before he gets to speak, the crowd drowns him out with a chorus of boos. The self-proclaimed Liberator lets this slide as he fires off.

Sami: I TOLD YOU SO! *pointing at the crowd* Vade, you never should have put your hands on me and from back then, you should have listened to me. But now, if you think this loss has humbled you just enough that you begin to want to sit underneath my learning tree. You had your chance, and in the words of that stupid blonde Goddess of injustice, YOU BLEW IT!

The crowd let their disgust known as Sami goes on.

Sami: Vade, come on man. Loss after loss after loss, you really let yourself go. From this lone, loathed figure who retired Daniel Bryan, to I don't know, tapping out to Big E, losing to the likes of Chad Gable, Jeff Hardy, Baron Corbin, Alestair Black, and add the Liberator Sami Zayn to the mix. I want to thank you Vade. I thank you for making me believe and driving the point to these idiots and brainwashed sheep know, that justice still exists Vade, I thank you for sacrificing your pride for my sake and thirst for justice! So onward to the next search for justice, to regain the Intercontinental Championship that I NEVER LOST!

Vade comes out and Sami applauds him.

Sami: Is the scapegoat and loser ready for a second helping of humility?

Vade: How twisted and far gone you are, Sami. 

Sami: Takes one to know one Mr. I harp on my one win against Daniel Bryan!

Vade: But I take exception to you taking out my victories. Need I remind you, I won a bandstand match against Elias. To add, I had that one win against Alestair Black and Drew Gulak....

Sami: None of those wins matter to me and to them as they know that you lose to the Liberator. Now go harp on and stay in the dark corner while I get my time in the spotlight over my victory on you!

Vade: You pinned me, granted. But you had to use the ropes so I wouldn't consider that a win either. In a fair fight, the Liberator knows nothing. 

Sami: Go croon to your losses Vade. I'm just happy here knowing that justice exists when I beat you last Sunday. Yeah, kick rocks. We don't care.

Vade: I see. So one and done? Don't want to seal the deal and beat me down again?

Sami: Nah, we're done. Go play in a dark corner while I now set sights on regaining the title I NEVER LOST!

Vade: Understood. But do know that karma has a way to get back for what you've done.

Sami: Yeah, I won didn't I? 

Vade: Enjoy the victory Sami. But you'll learn, Karma's a bitch. 

Sami: Fine, I will humor you. 

Sami turns his back and opens himself to an attack. 

Sami: Vade, come on now. Prove to me that you are indeed an agent of injustice for me to vanquish again. 

Vade walks close into the ring, nearly a meter behind Sami. Sami smiles and turns to hit a cheap shot on Vade, latter backs away and rolls out of the ring. Sami smirks and celebrates as if he won again.

Sami: See that? Injustice never wins!

While Sami was celebrating, Vade snuck back in and walked into the ring and tapped his shoulder. Sami turned and tried to deck Vade with the microphone. Vade grabs the arm with the microphone as he uses it to say.

Vade: Oh, now I remember why I made my way out here. For this!

Vade kicks Sami on the gut as the Liberator tries another cheap mic shot on the Ambassador of Anger. Vade ducks and takes Sami down by the legs as he punches down on Sami's face. Sami hits a headbutt and runs away. 

Vade, with microphone in hand, hits a parting shot at Sami.

Vade: You say you're the winner huh? Then who of us is standing tall in the ring? 

The crowd cheered as Sami kicks the barricade and walks to the back as Vade drops the mic and revels in the cheers.