Chapter 38 Of Laws and Resolve

August 14, 2020
Friday Night Smackdown
First Interstate Arena
Billings, Montana
Backstage

Tonight's Smackdown will see more action as Summerslam looms in the horizon in 2 weeks. In light of the events of last week, Ember Moon will face Nikki Cross with Dana Brooke and Alexa Bliss in their respective corners. Along with this, the saga of Jeff Hardy and Vade Drifter continues after such disturbing and disgusting words were fired from the Ambassador of Anger himself.

While waiting for Smackdown to begin, Alexa was waiting on Nikki from outside the dressing room. Alexa was all television ready as she sees Vade in his gear.

Alexa: Ooooh my babe is competing tonight?

Vade: Oh, hey babe. Yeah, apparently I'm competing tonight but they won't say who I'm up against. All I know is this will further my feud with Jeff as Summerslam comes up. 

Alexa: Oh right, you and your fiery words that nearly got you in trouble.

Vade: Jeff's cool with it somehow even if it may have bordered on the obscene at parts. 

Alexa: So long as it's tasteful, it's fine with me *smiles*

Vade: And there is my smiling Goddess girlfriend

Alexa blushes and playfully slaps him in the arm.

Alexa: Such a kidder!

Nikki: *smirks* Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know I walked in to see a Moment of Bliss. Get a room ...I mean... *smirks more* take it in a locker room you two!

Alexa: Nikki!

Alexa runs after Nikki as the Twisted Sister smirks after that remark.

WWE Smackdown
Ember Moon (with Dana Brooke) v. Nikki Cross (with Alexa Bliss)

Greg: The following contest is scheduled for one fall....

Greg: Accompanied to the ring by Dana Brooke, from Dallas, Texas, Ember Moon!

Ember comes out but wore gear different from her last run in the main roster. (A/N: NXT Return gear) She walks like on a mission to reclaim what was once hers along with a sympathizer in Dana Brooke.

Cole: This is a surprise. Ember now means business.

Graves: She means business indeed. No more War Goddess or maybe, the War Goddess has reinvented herself. Ember's Law is about to be put into force.

Cole: That remains to be seen.

Greg: Her opponent, accompanied to the ring by Alexa Bliss, from Glasgow, Scotland, Nikki Cross!

Alexa accompanines Nikki, who has now gone deranged running into the ring to pounce on Ember.

Graves: For heaven's sakes, the Goddess couldn't contain her. Someone put her in a leash

Cole: That's going too far Corey!

Graves: Too far? Look what she's doing to Ember!

Cole: Well she is a War Goddess, I thought she can handle it

Graves: Oh shut it Cole! 

End of the match
Ember was able to get some separation from Nikki as Nikki's head is draped on the middle rope. As Ember tries to go for the Hussy Kick, Alexa stops her midway by staring her down. Dana however struck Alexa from behind. This bought Nikki time as Ember didn't connect with her kick and lands between the apron and the mat as Nikki begins to pound away on her with the apron separating the War Goddess and the Twisted Sister.