act iii

A/N: this is a short one, just to help us dive into our plot.....

                                ACT iii : discovery

Beyoncé was instantly greeted by her personal assistant as soon as she stepped foot inside the building, the hospital lobby was busting with life as usual. From patients being wheeled in by wheelchairs or gurneys to family going to grab a coffee at the hospital restaurant with whoever they were visiting

"Morning Dr. Knowles, your coffee ma'am"

Her assistance was a white guy in his late 20s, Beyoncé has had Daniel as her assistance since he was fresh out of college looking for a job. He came to New York from England wanting to be a fashion designer but the industry wasn't as easier to break as he thought and as rent became harder to pay, he saw no other choice. One day he got into a suite and stepped into the building, handling his resume to the next person he saw which happened to be Beyoncé.

With Onika on bed rest heavily pregnant she was thinking of taking annual leave but she had a lot to her plates. Meeting Daniel was almost as if it was meant to be. She hired him on the spot and never regretted. Being a well-known cardiologist at the top best private hospital in the country wasn't easy. She not only had subordinates to look after here but she was constantly invited all over the world to perform procedures so an assistant was what she needed to keep up with her schedule.

"Thank you Daniel..."

The two began walking as Beyoncé sipped on her coffee while they headed for the elevator

"So this morning you have a heart transplant surgery at 10:am, but of course you have 9:am debriefing then later on a meeting with Claymont General's CEO—"

"Daniel" she stops the man by cutting in gently

"Yes Dr. Knowles" he looked up from his tablet to focus on her

"Cancel that meeting, I can't stand that man. I'll have someone sit down with him"

The elevator opened to the last floor where Beyoncé's office was and the two strides out heading toward the receptionist

"Good morning Dr. Knowles..." the kind elderly woman smiled, Angie has been working in this hospital even before Beyoncé started here, when she was simply an intern and not the CEO. Oh did we forget to mention she was the top dog of the hospital firm? Well not only that but she was in the process of buying another firm, one where it would be for everyone and affordable.

"Morning Angie, any phone calls?"

"Well you seem to have a visitor"

Beyoncé's brows scrunched as she looked at Daniel who shrugged

"No appointment?"

"No dear" the older woman shook her head

"Well I need to be in debrief soon so let them wait until I finish please"

"No problem doctor"

Beyoncé and Daniel then turned and left heading toward the former's office.

«

"Let me hear that other beat Ju..." Onika spoke to her sound engineer removing her headphones