act viii

a/n : ngl, this took a lot of energy from me, i gave up so many time and wanted to write for the other books but my mind kept coming back on this so if it sucks, don't blame me. lol.

ACT VIII : aftermath

"Thank you principal Knight for penciling me in, I appreciate it"

"Oh it's nothing Miss Knowles, you and your wife are two of our biggest contributors. Anything for you"

The two smiled shaking hands before taking a seat. The man picks up the glass jar of water pouring some inside the two glasses sitting in front of him and Beyoncé.

"Now, what can I do for you?" He folds his hands on his desk to give all of his attention to Beyoncé.

"I know this is last minute but I wanted to know if it's possible to enrol in a student"

"Well Miss Knowles you know we are currently at full capacity with our classes" Beyoncé sighs at the words.

After finding out Lori hasn't graduated high school, Beyoncé couldn't have that so she quickly made arrangements to come see the principal at Ivy's school. Hoping they would allow Lori to finish off her senior year.

"However,  I'm sure the board members aren't going to object doing a favour for you and your family" he smiles and Beyoncé smiles in return. The two stood up, shaking hands.

"Thank you principal Knight" Beyoncé spoke "when can she start?"

~~

"What'd he say?"

The question met Beyoncé's ears as soon as she got back into the vehicle, Lori who was patiently waiting in the passenger seat looked at her waiting for her answer.

"You start next week, so when Nicki and I bring Ivy back. You'll come along for your orientation" she nods smiling at the teen.

Lori groans letting out an exasperated sigh slumping down against the leather seats.

"I really should have lied and said I graduated already" she pouts.

Beyoncé looked at her child straight facing her "no child of mine will be without education, now let's go. I gotta pick up the twins"

Beyoncé buckled herself up starting the car before pulling off.

"So what's your plan?" Beyoncé asks while driving and Lori chances a glance toward her away from her brand new phone that Beyoncé brought her and not the cracked one she was walking around with.

She was just browsing through social media and she was contemplating if she should tell Beyoncé that Onika's fans were currently making conspiracy theories surrounding their artist. They were wondering what had happened to the album roll out as Onika had suddenly gone quiet compare to all the teasers she had given them. Instead she decided to answer back.

"I always wanted to be a cardiologist" she shrugs and Beyoncé looked quickly at her smiling proudly before glancing back to the road ahead.

"Just like me" she spoke softly feeling her heart burst with happiness.

"I think it's actually so cool being able to work in theatre" Lori explained and Beyoncé chuckles. It was more than just working in theatre but yeah.

"At least one of my children will follow my footsteps. Zion wants to be a basketball player while Zaine wants to be a painter and Ivy? I would bet drama" she chuckles lowly using one hand to drip.