Smile-1

“Well, that’s a harsh truth.” Mr Syu replied.

Vayu touched the painting and said, “ ‘Tiger’ by Kawanabe Kyosai. This lean and hungry tiger is stalking his prey. His yellow eyes gleam with ferocity and his pelt bristles with rage. Danger, fear, excitement, caution, and panic all seem to come to mind. It’s indeed a great painting.”

“Yeah

“Yeah. I know. That’s why it’s here.” Mr Syu replied with a smile on his face.

Vayu looks at Mr Syu by using sida e eye, “That smile....is not of a person being grateful for appreciation.....but of a person filled with arrogance to the brim. Am I right, Mr Syu?”

Mr Syu gave Vayu a stare but didn’t reply as he was busy chewing his bite of food.

Vayu moves his hand around the tiger’s mouth.

As he was touching it, he said, “If you called me better than delinquents and that was due to motivate others, why did you tell me about this? Don’t you see me on the same level as them?? Don’t you want me to be like them as well??”

Mr Syu took a sip of his apple juice as he had completed his lunch. Then he said, “Definitely not. You’re definitely below everyone else. I already told you.....you’re the biggest failure among all. Also, since now you have commented on the smile I had, I am pretty sure that you must know about the psychology behind why I said those things in class.....

It’s a human psychology. Humans, especially teenagers and children, crave attention. If someone appreciates them, they get motivated to do more such things. But if you scold them, they’ll get demotivated to not do such things. However, a lot of scolding and blaming results in a person becoming insolent.” Vayu explains.

Correct!! That’s the basic fundamental to run every school and a business model with a lot of employees.” Mr Syu appreciated Vayu for the very first time. He continues, “But if you blame or scold a person out of many and in front of those many, not only the person being blamed gets embarrassed badly but also the people who see that will never dare to do the deed for which that person got scolded. Almost every school follows this. However, our school takes it to a whole another level......while we appreciate the students of the top class for their efforts, we discourage your failures for every mistake and no appreciation is given to you guys. Do you know what we tell those students about Class D? We tell them that you guys are good for nothing!! Your section is separated from everyone else’s because we don’t want you failures to spoil the future of those who aren’t a failure like you. If they do not keep up with their level and someone takes their throne of being above everyone else, then they will also be nothing but failures!! And that’s how the real world also works. No matter what profession you pursue.......if someone more capable comes in your competition and if he or she by any chance proves his or her skills better than you at your work, then he’ll replace you from your throne. We are trying to make them like me....a person who absolutely despise failures like you!!