The Bet-2

Both Vayu and Mr Syu went to the class. By the time they reached the class, everyone had already reached the class.

Vayu went and sat on his seat. Siya tried to ask Vayu about what happened there, but he ignored her.

Mr Syu stood up in front of the entire class and as he told Vayu earlier, he told them about how their school works, the criteria for assigning every student to their classes, the facilities given to them according to their classes and everything. He even told them that once they reach their 3rd year, they'll have to live in the school dormitory itself. He didn't even tell Vayu about this when they were in the cabin.

Everyone was stunned upon hearing it. They were in doubt ever since they got to know that only Class D didn't get any ice-cream yesterday, while every other class did. And now Mr Syu confirmed it. There is clearly a discrimination among students based on meritocracy.

After this, Mr Syu casually went on to continue teaching the students, without caring about the mental state of anyone after the bomb he dropped on them.

Everyone, by this time, had lost interest in studying.

Everyone wanted to leave as soon as they can. But unfortunately, they had no choice but to stay there and listen to Mr Syu.

During the last period, Anih saw Vayu texting to someone while Mr Syu was still teaching.

"Who he might be chatting with right now??" she thought.

{Tttttrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiinnnnngggggg}

"That's enough for today. You can leave the class now. But don't leave the school before attending the dispersal assembly!! All gather in the school ground!!" Mr Syu announced.

"What now!!" Siya thought.

Everyone else was already tired and angry. This made them furious. But they had no choice but to follow the instructions.

As everyone reached the school ground, they noticed an enormous TV screen installed there.

Anih also notices that Mr Syu and Vayu were missing. She tried to ask others but didn't receive any positive response.

Suddenly, students from all classes and all sections gathered there. But still Vayu and Mr Syu were missing.

"Ooh that's a strange sight!! If this isn't Siya Hanabi herself!?" a voice came from the upcoming crowd of students.

As Siya turned around, she saw Renji coming with one other guy, with Renji's hand on his shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" Siya asked.

"We were asked to come here. But I didn't know you guys would be here too!!" said Renji.

"It seems like all of us are invited here....what could be the reason...." said the other boy with a concerning voice.

"Yeah.....you seem pretty smart and sensible......may I get your name please?" Siya asked with a soft voice.

But even before the other boy could say anything, Renji interrupted and said, "He is our class leader and representative!! And definitely leagues ahead of you in every field!!"

"Hey don't say like that!! She is your friend, not some outclass!!" Renji's friend shouted at him. Then he turns to Siya, "I deeply apologize for his stupid behaviour..."

"NO NO!! YOU DON'T NEED TO APOLOGISE FOR HIM!! He is like that since forever. He is rude and arrogant. But you're smart and kind.........totally different from him......."

"NO NO! You're exaggerating it now!!" He said blushingly, "By the way, my name is-"

"Hey.........see there....." Renji interrupted both of them and pointed his finger towards the TV screen.