The Doctor

As we walk back to the camp Auroa starts to doubt lying about Lancelot's death.

"I don't know if I can do this. I'm not a very good liar." She says.

"Well, it's not a lie, Aurora. did die an honorable death and did escape. All true. Just... leave the particulars to us. There's no reason to cause unnecessary panic amongst your people." Mary Margret replies. 

"I'm not so sure it's unnecessary..." Aurora says.

"Wait. The tower. We always have sentries guarding the entrance." She draws her sword "Stay close." Mulan says. As we walk behind her. 

"Oh my God." Emma and I say in unison as we walk through the camp looking at all the dead bodies.

"This can't be. Our land, we were protected here, hidden. How did the ogres find us?" Mulan says looking at the dead bodies 

"Ogres didn't do this." Mary Margret said.

"What?" I ask. 

"Cora did. Their hearts... they were ripped out. This was her ... twisted and evil. We have to stop her." Mary Margret says. Woah wasn't expecting that 

"Too late. She killed them. She killed them all." Mulan replies to her.

"We have to stop her before she hurts anyone else." Mary Margret says. I start looking around when I see someone moving under the bodies.

"Hey. Hey. Look." I say and start moving bodies out of the way.

"There's someone under there. He's alive." Aurora says as we look at the guy. He looks traumatized, I wonder why Cora left a person alive.

"Please." He says.

"It's okay," Aurora replies giving him a gentle smile. 

"Please help me." He says again. He looks terrified. 

"It's okay. You're safe now we won't hurt you." Mary Margret says as we help him stand up. 

"Thank you. Thank you." He says. I feel bad for him. But I don't trust him yet. 

-

"You have seen him before?" Emma asks as we walk away from the others. 

"Yes, I've seen him around. He's a blacksmith. Came to our camp a couple of months ago. Said he lost his hand in an ogre attack." Mulan explains. Something doesn't sound right.

"Why would Cora leave a survivor? It's messy, it doesn't make sense." I say. 

"You think he's lying?" Mulan asks. 

"I don't know, there's a chance but we can't know for certain," I reply and walk over to him.

"I think Cora tricked us before. I don't want that to happen again." Emma says and follows behind me.

"Here you go," I say giving him some water. 

"I can't thank you enough for your kindness. Fortune it seems has seen fit to show me favor." He says acting too nice. 

"An island full of corpses... you're the only one to escape. How exactly did that happen?" I ask him.

"She attacked at night... slaughtered everyone in one fell swoop. When she started ripping out peoples' hearts, I hid under the bodies of those who had already been killed. Pretended to be dead myself. Must be the ruse worked." He explains. Sounds too good to be true, to be honest. 

"So much for fortune favoring the brave," Emma says. 

"It was all I could do to survive." He says. What does he mean by 'survive'?