Manhatten

After what happened yesterday, I have had a chill relaxing day. I was casually scrolling on my phone when Emma called. 

"Hey Em," I say as I answer the phone. 

"Hey, I've got some news." She replies. Oh god.

"Okay?" I say. 

"Gold's son is Henry's dad." What! 

"Wait. Gold's son is Henry's father?" I ask still in shock. 

"I know. I know. And the millions of questions you have, I have, too. The problem is it doesn't matter right now because I don't know what to do." Emma explains—more people to add to the family tree I guess. 

"Please tell me you're not calling to ask me to tell you to keep it from him," I say.

"Henry thinks his father is dead. I told him that for a reason. I wanna protect him." Emma says. 

"No matter what this man did, Henry has a right to know who his father is. The truth about our parents—Emma, you of all people should know how important that is." I say.

"I don't want Henry to get hurt. I just want to protect him." Emma says sadly. 

"Are you sure this is about protecting Henry and not yourself?" I ask her. She hangs up. Ha, I'm right. 

-

I went downstairs to see Mom and Dad sitting at the table. I went over to them, sat down, and explained to them what Emma told me.

"So Rumplestiltskin is Henry's grandfather?" Dad asks. 

"Apparently," Mom says.

"But I'm his grandfather," Dad replies. God does he not know? 

"You can have more than one," I say to him. 

"So his... step-grandmother is Regina, the Evil Queen," Dad says confused.

"Actually, his step-great-grandmother. And she's also his adoptive mother." Mom points out. 

"It's a good thing we don't have Thanksgiving in our land, 'cause that dinner would suck." Dad chuckles. 

"Or... Maybe this will mellow everyone out." I say. 

-

The next day I was with Dad helping him make breakfast since it was Mom's birthday. I know she doesn't like her birthday but it still doesn't mean we can't make it special.

"What are you doing?" Mom asks as she walks downstairs. 

"We're making breakfast," Dad says. 

"Why?" Mom asks.

"I'm hungry," I say. 

"You think I don't know what you're doing? We talked about this. We had a deal." Mom says looking at us annoyed.

"I know. I know. But with the curse broken, I thought maybe you would change your mind." Dad says. 

"Well, I didn't. What's this?" She says pointing to the gift on the table.

"Birthday present," I say. 

"No, I told you..." Mom starts saying.

"It's not from us." Dad interrupts her.

"No one else knows." 

"Apparently someone does, and they also think you should celebrate. It was left outside the door this morning." Ignoring the card, Mom opens the gift and sees a diamond tiara. 

"What is it?" I ask. She shows me the tiara and begins to tear up. 

"I thought that was lost when the curse hit," Dad says.