12: Lines Between Friends and Foe

Seungcheol's knock on Jeonghan's door was more forceful this time, accompanied by a sly grin that didn't reach his eyes. "Angel, open up. I've got something for you."

Jeonghan's voice sounded wary from behind the door. "What do you want, Seungcheol?"

Seungcheol's grin widened as he replied, "Just a little chat, that's all."

Reluctantly, Jeonghan opened the door, his guard up and his eyes narrowed. "What is it?"

Seungcheol sauntered into the room, his movements calculated and deliberate. "I brought you something to eat," he said, gesturing to the plate of sandwiches he had prepared.

Jeonghan's gaze flickered to the food before returning to Seungcheol's face, suspicion evident in his eyes. "I'm not hungry," he stated flatly.

Seungcheol's grin faltered slightly, but he quickly recovered, his eyes gleaming with mischief. "Come on, Angel. Don't be like that. You know you want it."

Jeonghan's jaw tensed as he fought to keep his composure. "I said I'm not hungry," he repeated, his voice cold and clipped.

Seungcheol's smile turned predatory as he took a step closer to Jeonghan, crowding him against the wall. "You know, I don't appreciate being turned down," he murmured, his voice low and dangerous.

Jeonghan's heart pounded in his chest as he tried to maintain his distance from Seungcheol. "What are you doing, Seungcheol?" he demanded, his voice shaking with fear.

Seungcheol's eyes darkened with amusement as he leaned in closer, his breath hot against Jeonghan's skin. "Just having a little fun, that's all," he whispered, his lips curling into a smirk.

Jeonghan's pulse raced as he pushed against Seungcheol's chest, trying to put some distance between them. "Get away from me," he growled, his voice trembling with anger.

But Seungcheol only laughed, the sound sending shivers down Jeonghan's spine. "You're so cute when you're angry, Angel," he taunted, his voice dripping with malice.

Jeonghan's hands shook with rage as he balled them into fists at his sides. "You think this is a joke?" he spat, his voice laced with venom. "You're the reason why Subin is dead, and you have the audacity to come here and play games with me?"

Seungcheol's smile faded as he looked into Jeonghan's eyes, the amusement replaced by something darker. "You have no idea what you're talking about," he hissed, his voice low and menacing.

But Jeonghan refused to back down, his resolve hardening with each passing second. "I know exactly what I'm talking about," he declared, his voice steady despite the fear coursing through his veins. "And I won't rest until I get justice for my sister."

Seungcheol's lips curled into a sardonic smirk as he responded.

"Ah, Angel. So full of fire and righteous indignation. But remember, in this world, it's not about who's right—it's about who's left standing."

As Jeonghan stumbled, his head swimming from the lack of food, he felt Seungcheol's strong arms catch him, steadying him before he could fall. A rush of conflicting emotions washed over him as he looked up at Seungcheol, his heart pounding in his chest.

Seungcheol's laughter echoed in the room, sending shivers down Jeonghan's spine. "Careful there, Angel. Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself," he teased, his voice dripping with amusement.

Jeonghan's head spun, torn between gratitude for Seungcheol's support and anger at his callous behavior. "Let go of me," he muttered, his voice weak with exhaustion.

But Seungcheol only tightened his grip, his smile widening into a smirk. "Not until you eat something," he insisted, nodding towards the untouched plate of sandwiches on the bedside table. "You need your strength, after all."