3

𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 ♥

Mariah's eyelids fluttered open, her head pounding with the remnants of a headache that seemed to pierce through the haze of sleep

Blinking away the grogginess, she found herself lying in an unfamiliar bed, surrounded by the muted light of dawn filtering through the curtains.

As Mariah sat up, the events of the previous night came flooding back in a rush of sensations and emotions. She remembered the heat of Meech's kisses, the intensity of his gaze, the way his hands had roamed her body with a hunger that left her breathless.

Confusion washed over her as she tried to piece together the events of the previous night, but her memories were hazy, obscured by a fog of alcohol and desire

" No way Riah you dumb as hell," she said under her breath as she remembered everything.

With trembling hands, she reached for her phone, her fingers moving almost instinctively as she typed out a message to her best friend Dessy.

"Hey, Dess. I need to talk to you ASAP. Can you call me when you get this?"

Mariah set her phone aside and settled back against the pillows, faking her sleep as she heard the water stop ruining.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the bathroom door creaked open, and Meech emerged, a towel slung low around his hips as droplets of water glistened on his skin.

Just as Mariah feared she would break under the weight of the tension between them, she heard Meech's footsteps recede towards the door. She resisted the urge to open her eyes, forcing herself to maintain the façade of sleep even as her heart threatened to burst from her chest.

As Mariah lay there, pretending to be asleep, she heard Meech's footsteps pause near the bed. She held her breath, her heart pounding in her chest, as she waited for his next move.

"Mariah, I know you're awake."After a tense moment of silence, Meech's voice broke through the stillness, his tone laced with confusion.

" What you talking about I'm just resting my eyes" she mumbled, feigning drowsiness as she kept her eyes closed.

"Girl I'm not dumb I heard you whispering a bit ago" Meech let out a soft chuckle, his amusement evident in his voice.

With a defeated sigh, Mariah finally relented, opening her eyes to meet Meech's gaze. "Okay, fine. I'm awake," she admitted, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "I just... I didn't know what to say."

" Its okay Mariah you don't have to say anything let me change and imma drop you off at home" He expressed a hint of anger in his voice.

After Meech got ready he took Mariah home, the car ride was silent and none of them had anything to say about the one stand they had spent.

"Listen Meech what happened last night was a mistake, that should've never happened. You know me enough and I don't know fr " Mariah expressed her concern as Meech drove his Trackhawk.

As Mariah's admission hung in the air between them, Meech's expression hardened, his features tightening with a mix of frustration and disappointment. "So, that's it? You think last night was a mistake?" he asked.

Mariah's heart sank at the raw emotion in Meech's words, her own guilt gnawing at her insides. "No, Meech, it's not like that," she protested, reaching out to touch his arm in a gesture of reassurance. "I just... I don't know what to make of all this."

Meech shrugged off her touch, his jaw clenched with barely contained anger. "Well, I do," he snapped, his tone sharp and cutting.

"How you gonna fuck with me and then say it was a mistake, you just a clout-chasing ass hoe " Meech continued his statement with a sharp tone.

"Now Meech you cant hold that against me, i was drunk" She watched as Meech's expression softened slightly, his features betraying a flicker of understanding

She watched as Meech's expression softened slightly, his features betraying a flicker of understanding.

"I know you were drunk, Mariah," he replied, his voice sharp now, tinged with a hint of empathy. "But that doesn't change the fact that you said what you said."

This nigga bipolar or some , she thought.

The rest of the car ride stretched on in heavy silence, each passing moment weighed down by the weight of their unspoken words and unresolved emotions. Mariah could feel the tension thickening the air between them, suffocating her with its oppressive presence.

She stole occasional glances at Meech, but his gaze remained fixed on the road ahead, his expression unreadable.

Instead, she focused on the passing scenery outside the window, watching as the city streets blurred into a sea of lights and shadows. The familiar sights seemed to blur together in a haze of uncertainty, mirroring the turmoil in Mariah's own mind.

Finally, they pulled up outside Mariah's building, the sound of the engine cutting off echoing in the quiet night air. Mariah hesitated for a moment, her hand hovering over the door handle as she searched for the courage to break the silence.

"Thanks for the ride," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper as she met Meech's gaze for the briefest of moments.

As she heard no response back Mariah stepped out of the car and into the cool air. As she watched Meech drive away into the darkness, she couldn't shake the feeling that this was just the beginning of the crazy journey.

Later that night

Mariah paced back and forth in her living room, the phone pressed against her ear as she recounted the events of the previous night to her friend, Dess.

"Girl, let me tell you 'bout last night," Mariah exclaimed into her phone, the frustration evident in her voice as she recounted the events of the evening. "So, me and Meech, we at the club, right? Everything's poppin', music bumpin', vibes all good."

Dess let out a low whistle on the other end of the line, her curiosity piqued. "Okay, okay, I'm listening. What happened next?"

" One thing led to another and we ended up at his apartment fucking" Mariah said with embarrassment all over her face.

"But here's the kicker – I woke up this morning in Meech's apartment, and he got mad at me for saying that it was a mistake."

Dess let out a low whistle, her tone filled with sympathy. "Damn, girl, that's bad bussiness"

Mariah nodded in agreement, her frustration evident in her voice.

" You said that you didn't want him anyways, lil ma so don't trip that nigga sassy" Dess expressed on the other line of the phone.

"I can't let Meech's reaction get to me too much. I mean, he's known for being a player, always running around town with different hoes every night."Mariah continued, her voice growing stronger with each word.

Dess let out a low whistle of agreement. "Girl, you know how it is. These guys think they can have their cake and eat it too."

"Exactly. I'm not gonna let myself be just another hoe. I deserve better than that."

Dess's voice filled with admiration. "That's right, girl. You know your worth. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise."

As Mariah hung up the phone. She knew that she couldn't let one mistake define her, nor could she allow herself to be drawn into Meech's web of charms. She never expected to end up having a onenight stand with him.

but life goes on