you have a nightmare (requested)

Namjoon closed his heavy eyes as he laid back down beside you.

It's a few minutes after three in the morning and he had woken up to grab a drink of water.

He's only been home for a couple of hours now and he hasn't been able to get any good sleep yet, only managing to get an hour or so of light sleep.

So he was looking forward to falling into a deep slumber with you close to him and his arm wrapped around you.

His breaths were starting to become steady as he began to drift off to sleep when he heard what sounded like a whimper leave your lips.

He opened his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows slightly, wondering if you were alright.

Just to be sure, he brushed his fingertips along your arm in hopes that it would comfort you and you'd keep getting some good sleep.

A moment of quiet passed by with only the sounds of his and your breathing filling the air and so, he figured you were fine and put his head back on the pillow to get some rest.

But just as he did so, another whimper fell from your lips as you mumbled,

"Please."

Now, Namjoon was very concerned.

He knew you were probably having a nightmare and he hoped that if he brushed his fingers along your arms or your back a little more, you'd be okay.

"Y/N?" He whispered. "Baby, are you alright?"

Just then, you began to move around on the bed a little as sweat rolled down your skin and you pleaded with whoever was in your dream to stop whatever it was that they were doing.

"No. Please, don't."

"Baby? Come on, you're okay," He whispered as you whimpered a little more. "Y/N, baby? Wake up."

"Please," You begged, and this time, a little more frantically.

"Y/N, wake up!" Namjoon spoke as he shook your shoulders. "Open your eyes, baby, come on. Y/N!"

Your eyes flew open as soon as your name anxiously left his lips the last time and you sat up with a gasp.

You looked around in concern, only for Namjoon to brush his fingers along your arms soothingly.

"Baby? Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

You looked at him for a second before tears filled your eyes.

"You're okay." You sniffled.

"Yeah, I'm okay," He said before you put your arms around him and clung to him tightly. "I'm okay. Are you okay? You sounded like you were having a pretty awful dream."

"I did." You mumbled as you held him tight, your fingers gripping his shoulders tighter than ever before. "It was so bad."

As you began to cry, Namjoon held you a little tighter and began to do everything he could to try and comfort you.

"No, baby, don't cry. Please don't cry. It's okay. You're safe, I'm here." He whispered as he brushed his fingers along your back. "I've got you."

"I was so scared." You sniffled. "I thought you were gone."

"What? No, baby, I'm not going anywhere." He assured.

"In my dream, you did." You said as you pulled away slightly, staring at him with eyes full of sadness and fear. "In my dream, you got hurt. Someone broke in and they hurt you and I couldn't do anything to stop you. It was like I couldn't move, like my feet were glued to the ground as soon as they hit it. I didn't know what to do. I begged them to stop but they wouldn't!"

"Okay, it's okay." He whispered as he kissed your forehead lingeringly. "You don't need to be scared. That's not going to happen. We're both safe and sound. No one is going to hurt either of us."

You closed your eyes as a shaky breath left your lips when he pulled you into his arms again.

"I've got you, okay? It was just an awful, horrible dream. We're okay. See, look, baby, I'm alright." He spoke softly as he pulled away a little, letting you look him over.

You gently put your hands on his cheeks and brushed your fingers across his skin as you stared into his eyes and though you could see the worry in them, you also saw the warmth and the love they held, too.

He gently wrapped his fingers around yours and brought your hands to his lips for a few soft kisses before letting them go.

Brushing a lock of hair behind your ear, he put his forehead against yours for a second.

"Are you okay now? Feel any better?"

You nodded before leaning in and stealing a few soft kisses from his lips, causing him to smile against yours.

"You look so tired." You whispered. "I'm sorry I woke you. I'm sorry I worried you."

"It's okay, baby. I'm fine. I wanted to be here for you. You're my girl, going without sleep isn't a big deal to me as long as you're okay." He said and you sent him a smile before kissing his cheek. "Sleepy?"

"A little. Can you cuddle me?"

"Happily." He said before laying back down and pulling you into his arms.

Your legs tangled with his and you listened to his heartbeat as you put your head on his chest.

"I love you so much." You said.

"I love you more." He whispered before kissing your head and falling back asleep with you feeling warm and secure in his embrace.