Winter Formal

"That's so gross." Ariel spoke as she looked at the photo on Courtney's phone.

"I know right." Courtney spoke in a small voice.

"Why would someone even do that to poor Tyler?" Ariel asked as she reached into her locker to pull out her books.

Sherri who was standing behind Ariel shared a look with Courtney. Both of them knowing exactly who must have taken the nude picture and sent it around.

Clay.

That must have meant he was done with Tyler's tape. Courtney knew what that meant. She was next.

"Uhm, you guys are coming over to help with Hannah's memorial after school, right?" Courtney asked

Ariel shut her locker.

"We have cheerleading." Sherri responded before Ariel got the chance to.

Ariel looked at her wondering why she was being so rude.

"But we could come by after." Ariel quickly spoke up.

Courtney immediately looked relieved.

"Thanks." With that she turned around and left.

Ariel turned to look at Sherri.

"Something wrong?"

Sherri was looking distant. Like she was somewhere far away completely. "No." She spoke.

"I'm gonna catch up with you later." She spoke quickly before rushing off.

Ariel frowned wondering what was going on with her.

"Hey, Ari."

Ariel looked up and saw Diego approach her.

"Hey." She greeted.

"How you doing? We missed you at the party last night." Diego spoke.

Ariel noted that he smelt good. Really good. Like a mix of aftershave and fancy soap.

Ariel leaned back.

Diego was much taller than her and she found it easier to look at him when she stood back.

"Wasn't in the party mood, I guess." Ariel spoke.

"Huh, I would have thought you'd be there since Justin was."

Ariel frowned slightly as she thought again about what Clay had said.

"We're not joined at the hip, you know." She commented.

Diego wasn't expecting Ariel's defensive response but he had to say it made him smile.

"Yeah, I guess you aren't. You're your own woman. Uhm, I was wondering if you could help me with the math assignment. Calculus has really been kicking my ass." Diego chuckled.

He thought about the guys and how they had implied that he wouldn't be able to get Ariel on his own.

Ariel tried to focus on Diego but she was distracted when she saw Justin and Jessica come into view. Justin and Jessica had seemed to be talking when suddenly Justin walked away from her and towards... Clay?

Ariel furrowed her brows.

Once again she wondered, since when did Clay and Justin speak?

***

"Clay." Justin called after the scrawny boy. "Clay! Jensen!"

Justin was furious and he had a fiery determination within him.

"Hey, Justin." Clay spoke lazily and uninterested as he shut his locker.

That only ticked Justin off more.