Damon x reader pt. 5

Months passed. Damon and I both had lost hope that the others were going to find us. It was possible, as Mr. Laritate had said they had a witch working for them, that she- or he- had blocked the ability for Bonnie to track us.

The last hope would be if Caroline or Stefan went down to New Orleans and advocated to them that I was in trouble and if Freya could find us. I wasn't sure if she'd be able to or not. She was the most powerful witch in the world, but still, tracking spells were simple, whether you were powerful or not. The power would be if she could break past the witch who kept us here block spell or not.

If that even worked. I wasn't a witch so I had no idea what was possible and what was not. But I knew, from everything that we'd gone through, that everything had a loophole.

There was also the alarming bump that had broken out on my stomach. The minute it had started to show, the doctors had taken me in for exams to see if I truly was pregnant.

After the tests were done, there were several things that were concluded. The first was that I was indeed pregnant. The second was that I was about three months pregnant and we had been captive for five. This meant that either the child grew slower than a human baby, or I hadn't gotten pregnant until two months after my captivity. The third was that vervain could no longer be used as a weapon against me, so they threatened Damon instead.

Damon was taken away from me, leaving me in the room by myself. The vervain had been taken off the floor three months ago, leaving the only other room the bathroom so we could take care of needs. And we were given two cups of blood everyday.

The vervain was replaced after Damon was taken, but not on the entire floor. There was still a small path that I could take that would lead me to the bathroom without causing me pain.

I cried when Damon was taken. I knew why he had been taken- both as a means of blackmail to keep me from hurting anyone, and also because of what happened to the last vampire couple. The male vampire had ripped the mates heart out and then his own.

But I knew Damon wouldn't do it. And I cried for him, I screamed for him, I wanted him so badly.

So I did the only thing I could, I started to harm myself.

There wasn't anything I could really do, as there was nothing sharp in the room, though I supposed I could've broken the bedposts and stabbed myself with a makeshift wooden stake. But instead, I starved myself.

It was hard, they left the glasses of blood on the bedside table. I grew weaker and the doctors became frantic, knowing that the baby needed blood just as much as me. They advocated to Mr. Laritate and finally, after two weeks, Damon was thrown back into the room.

He was in fine condition and he cried out when he saw how I was. He was quickly behind me in an instant, pulling me into a sitting position before grabbing one of the glasses of blood, lifting it to my lips.

With Damon back, my will was back as well. I dutifully opened my mouth, swallowing the blood. Despite my hunger urges, I drank calmly, not in a rush because I didn't want to feel sick or bloated from to much blood.

After about six glasses, Damon stopped forcing me to drink, wrapping both arms around me, hugging me to his chest. "Don't do that again. Please Y/N, I can't. . . don't do that."

"I just wanted you back." I murmured, holding his arm that was wrapped around my chest.

"I'm here baby, I'm here." He whispered, pressing his lips to my hair. "Everything is going to be okay."

The baby continued to grow at an almost normal rate and the doctors made careful observations over the next month and two weeks.

The bump was becoming rather large and the doctors were debating whether I should be removed from the room to run X-rays again to see if I had twins or not. The idea of having one child, an unknown child, was scary enough. The thought of having two was positively frightening and I often woke up in the middle of the night, crying.