1.

If there is one thing I'd like to pride myself on, it's that I'm self-aware.

I know I'm an acquired taste. I know that once I start talking it's difficult for me to shut up. I know that I have severe food anxiety. I even know that my father only spoils me to not feel guilty about not liking me.
Or he just wants to do it as a giant fuck you to Jeremy...

Either way, I've picked up on some expensive hobbies that he covers the bill for so I suppose it's difficult to be mad at him. Even though his new girlfriend and her son seem like they are out to get me.

I was used to his dating habits. The man seemed to have an endless Rolodex of women he used to shuffle through. He'd maybe bring them home once or twice and then on to the next. That's when he was home.
Despite the large age gap between us, Jeremy and I were as close as can be. While dad was out building his contracting company, Jeremy was home taking care of me. There were times I felt bad that Jeremy gave up what was supposed to be some of his best years to cart around his little sister but he never once complained about it. I wish him and dad didn't have such a massive falling out so he would hang around more now.

He'd still come over and come to dinner every now and then to see me but also to spite dad. Jeremy was livid when he found out dad decided to pick us up one day and build a custom house on the Quileute Rez and invite his girlfriend of only a few months (honestly a record for him) in. He told me it's because he wants us to get back into our heritage but I have a sneaking suspicion it's because Jen and her son live there. And dad does love to show off the wealth he's gained from his business.

Jen didn't enjoy my presence. I'd picked up on that pretty quickly. I couldn't tell if it's a jealousy thing or she sees me as some sort of competition or what. But if Jen didn't like me, her son absolutely loathed me.
Brady Fuller acted like I had personally ruined his whole life.

I don't know what I've done to cause such an intense reaction from him but I did my best to just avoid him now. Other than the fact he was massive for his age, he wasn't exactly quiet in his hatred for me. Brady was the type of person who made me switch to online schooling. Something I'm still surprised my father allowed to this day.

School and I never exactly got along. I like to argue in my head it's because the format wasn't really for me, and not the occasionally (often) mean (god awful) kid(s) who got off on bullying me. I think dad easily let me switch halfway through sophomore year because he was embarrassed that I wasn't a 'popular kid'. But, I more than made up for it once I made the switch. I was now getting ready to graduate a semester early. School was much easier once I could just bring my laptop with me around the house.

And as much as I didn't really want to move and I especially didn't want to share a living space with Jen and her son, I could admit that the house was nice. A very large open concept kitchen and living area with plenty of windows to the scenic outside. A large custom wrap around porch. Spacious bedrooms. It was like it was out of a magazine.

And I was absolutely not surprised to find myself alone in the house after only a few days. I assumed dad was doing work things and I had no idea where Jen or Brady went. But it gave me the opportunity to put on music and start decorating my room the way I liked it.
I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard voices right outside my door between songs. I immediately turned the volume down and went to go push open my cracked door only to realize it was Brady and what I assumed was his friend. Who was equally as large as him. Seriously? What was in the water out here?

"I'm just saying, dude. It's fucking nice." His friend said coming out of his room. "I wish my mom would fuck someone with-hello." He spotted me.

"Uh, hi."

"I'm Collin. You must be Natasha."

"Uh...yeah." I glanced over his shoulder at Brady who was glaring at me. "Nice to meet you." I nodded at Collin and turned to go back into my room.

"Can you keep your shitty music down?" Brady shouted after me.

"Yeah, my bad." I said quietly and quickly shut my door all the way.

"Dude, she's so hot." I heard Collin giggling like a school girl which made me roll my eyes. Boys were so stupid.