16.

I sat up and looked around. How did I end up outside? I looked down to see I was still in my pajamas but was currently laying on the forest floor.

This didn't make sense. I looked around but all I could see were unfamiliar trees.

"Oh, mon trésor." Someone chuckled behind me and my skin immediately went cold. "Where have you and your little puppies been hiding all this time?"

I didn't want to look behind me. I already knew what would be standing there.

"Go away." I squeeze my eyes shut.

"But dearest, tu me manques!" It gives off a sinister laugh. "Tell me, is your pup trained?"

"Go away." I curl myself towards the ground, putting my head down.

"Oh, you're no fun." It tsks.

"Go away."

"Don't forget, chére. I'm always here." He laughed again.

The ground started rumbling causing me to open my eyes just in time to see the forest floor split open under me and in an instant I was falling.

I screamed and flailed around me.

I grabbed onto something and looked around.

"What is all the screaming about?!"

I screamed again and pushed myself back only to realize I was staring at Jen.

"What!?" She seemed annoyed.

I take a breath and realize I'm almost panting like I had just run a marathon. I could still feel a phantom feeling of my stomach dropping.

"What is wrong with you lately? Running away, having a secret boyfriend, screaming so loud you've got the whole house up." She rambled.

"It was...a nightmare." I blink and look around. I'm in my room, in my bed.

"What is going on here?" Dad came in behind Jen.

"She said she had a nightmare." Jen sighs.

"Are you alright?" Dad asked.

"Huh?" I glance at them. My eyes were burning with tears.

He raised an eyebrow at me but stayed silent.

I realize he's waiting for an answer. "I'm fine."

He grumbled something before turning to leave. "Go back to bed."

Sure, I'll just do that. I made eye contact with Jen before she followed my dad out of my room, closing the door behind them but she left the light on.

I look around and see nothing out of place. I rolled over and tapped my phone to check the time.

2:20 am.

I also noticed I was alone.

"Hello?" I whispered quietly to the empty room like an idiot.

I was met with silence.

Eerie silence.

I grabbed the remote on my nightstand and turned the tv on for some noise. I already had a sinking feeling I wasn't going to falling back asleep anytime soon.

After putting on some stupid adult cartoon, I reach over for my phone again.

'Where did u go? :(' I text Jake. After staring at my phone for too long, I realized he wasn't going to answer.

I needed to keep my mind busy or I was going just going to keep thinking about that creepy voice.

I got up and grabbed the lizard still sitting on my desk and dug around for a key ring to attach to it which only took a few minutes.