Chapter 1: The Forsaken Saintess

I was a maniac for web novels with satisfying, cathartic plots.

The world of web novels, which I first discovered in my frustrating everyday life, was fantastic.

"Heroine sister, ditch that jerk and grab a new Benz!"

Every time the heroine abandoned her cheating, worthless ex for a stunningly handsome man, my wallet opened up without hesitation.

The heroines would dump the losers, bankrupt them, get revenge on their treacherous best friends, and increase their fortunes.

Shedding tears over hardships wasn't something the heroines of these invigorating stories did.

To me, stuck in a stifling reality, the protagonists of these web novels offered vicarious satisfaction.

Seeing how the heroines of romance fantasies elegantly buried all sorts of scumbags was incredibly refreshing.

I always expressed my gratitude to the authors with generous payments and comments.

"Author, please post more chapters!"

After reading so many romance fantasies, I sometimes fantasized about being possessed by a character in one. I imagined myself as the sole daughter of a prestigious, wealthy family, wrongfully rumored to be a villainess, causing my fiancé to seek a breakup.

"Really? Okay then. If you dislike me, I don't want this marriage either. But since you want to break off our engagement, I'll need a hefty compensation for my tarnished reputation."

Then, I'd coolly accept the breakup and 'snap!' attend parties to hunt for a new man. People would gossip about me, unable to take their eyes off the jewels I wore, and I would revel in their jealousy as I dazzled the social scene.

Something like 'Ines, the Black Rose of the Duke's Family' would be a fitting nickname.

Behind the scenes, I'd run a mercenary group, accept missions from the protagonist, enjoy festivals, and even be ready to raid slave markets.

Not just some extra who gets briefly mentioned and then forgotten.

Not an extra doomed to a tragic death.

Not a miserable, abused extra!

"But to be briefly married to the main character and then assassinated? Are you kidding me? Is my life on a timer? I demand a refund!"

One day, as I fought with my wicked stepsiblings and faced an accidental death.

I opened my eyes to find myself in the world of a novel. Good, modern readers of possession stories are always ready to be transported into their favorite novels upon death.

The problem was.

"Miss Annette!"

"This is me?"

I had possessed the body of Annette Forshe. The neglected, abused eldest daughter of the Forshe family, a nominal wife of the main character, and an extra who dies right after being mentioned!

That was me.

"Alright, let's spin the reincarnation roulette again."

As an avid reader, I quickly assessed my situation and decided this body had to be abandoned. There was no hope.

The very fact of being possessed in a novel was nonsensical. If I'm going to die, might as well spin the reincarnation roulette again and hope for a life in 'The Youngest Daughter of the Tyrant Emperor' or something.

I can be 'daddy's little girl' too. If the tyrant emperor showers me with gold bars, I can certainly act cute and charming.

I admit, I was a bit crazy then.