|13: I GOT YOU|

Make sure to vote, and comment <3

|OSCAR|
Sunday
June 24th, 2023
-

"Your parole officer isn't going to be upset that you're skipping town for a few days is he?" Leilani asked as she looked at me from the passenger seat, but I just shrugged as I turned to smile at her "you gon' tell him? Damn and I thought you liked me."

A small smile formed on her face but it was obvious she was trying to hide it by the way her face started turning red, "no I'm not gonna tell him. I ain't no snitch," she tried her hardest to put a bit of bass in her voice- but failed.

"Oh, you a hard ass? Then why are you always blushing around me?" I asked as I reached over and touched her left cheek before turning back to look at the road ahead.

Leilani gently pushed my hand away and laughed, "I'm not blushing shut up." She started to pull her hand away but I held it in mine, "why are you holding my hand?" She asked and I shook my head "you're holding my hand."

Leilani rolled her eyes then scoffed, "you literally just grabbed my hand." She looked down at our hands and I ran my thumb against the back of hers, "and you never let go."

Leilani's entire face turned red and both of her dimples started to show as she pulled her hands up to her face and covered it as she turned away from me and I laughed as I used the hand that was holding hers to grab my phone that was vibrating in my pocket.

I rolled my eyes when I saw it was Chuey and let out a breath "what do you want?" I asked and I heard knocking in the background "I'm at the Turners- where the fuck is everyone?"

I frowned as I pulled up to the gas station, "what the fuck do you mean you're at the Turners?" Leilani frowned at me, and I mouthed Chuey at her and she rolled her eyes just like I did.

"I'm here to see my kid, why the fuck else would I be at the Turners? Where the fuck is she? And why didn't you come home? Why the fuck didn't you tell me?" I rested my head back on my seat as I took a breath.

"First of all, you can't just show up demanding to see her. She doesn't even know you, and she doesn't even want to see you after the shit you pulled yesterday. You need to calm the fuck down, you're gonna scare her off like that!"

I was in a good mood, now I'm annoyed. I thought I didn't handle shit right, but Chuey is really going about this shit all wrong "if you want to see your daughter you need to go through her guardian which is Leilani, swallow your fucking pride and fix shit with her aunt to be in her life or shut the fuck up."

Chuey smacked his lips before he sighed "where's her mom? She doesn't need a guardian she needs her dad."

"That's that shit that's going to make you lose out on your daughter, handle your problems and get your shit in order before you start trying to ruin that little girls life." I said before I hung up in his face, when he started calling back I denied it and texted him to chill out and think about what he's doing instead of just acting off impulse.

Then texted Cesar to check on our dumb ass uncle since he's going crazy, when I turned to look at Leilani she was staring at me and her eyes were watery.

"Call him back," she said as her breaths started to quicken, I could tell she was starting to get upset. Older Leilani is a lot like I remember Uncle Cruz to be, when she was a child she was soft like her mom but as an adult she's a lot rougher like her dad.