第9章 威武将军

Fubo left Chu Mengyao's villa, citing the reason of returning to the company to pick up Mr. Chu after work. As he left, he handed Lin Yi a backpack, saying it contained the school uniform and textbooks from First High School.

"Miss, if you need anything, feel free to call me. I'll be back to deliver dinner at seven tonight," Fubo said hurriedly before leaving.

Chu Mengyao looked at the man in front of her, unsure of what to say. But she couldn't just let him sleep on the streets, could she? After all, her old man was known for his philanthropy. If word got out that she mistreated people, it wouldn't look good.

Chu Mengyao was furious for a while and finally thought of the culprit in this matter. She took out her phone and dialed Chen Yushu's number. "Hey, Xiaoshu, my dad asked this laborer to stay at my villa. What should I do?"

"Yao Yao, you mean Arrow Brother, right? That's great! Tomorrow, I'll tell everyone at school that you and he are living together. That way, no one will bother you again!" Chen Yushu, who was lying comfortably on the sofa watching TV, casually replied upon hearing Chu Mengyao's words.

"Chen Yushu!!!" Chu Mengyao was about to explode, yelling into the phone, "You're so unfaithful! You told me to keep him, and now you're making sarcastic remarks, huh? You, immediately, right away, come to my house!"

"Oh, okay, I'll take a shower and nap for a while. I'll come see you when I go to school in the morning," Chen Yushu lazily replied.

"If I don't see you in one minute, we're done!" Chu Mengyao said decisively.

"Ugh, I'm about to take off my clothes and shower. I need to get dressed," Chen Yushu complained as she got up from the sofa, admiring her figure in the mirror. Hmm, seems like I have a little belly now? Looks like I need to eat less in the future.

"Fifty seconds!" Chu Mengyao looked at the call time on her phone.

"Oh, do I have to lock the door?" Chen Yushu quickly put on her clothes.

"Forty seconds!" Chu Mengyao continued.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming!" Chen Yushu put on her shoes and ran out the door.

Chen Yushu's villa was only a few dozen meters away from Chu Mengyao's villa, separated by a small road, diagonally across from each other.

Chu Mengyao breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Chen Yushu's figure from afar and hung up the phone.

"Yao Yao, what are you doing? I just took off my clothes and was about to take a shower, and you call me out," Chen Yushu complained.

"Ahem!" Chu Mengyao coughed twice, pointed at Lin Yi, and then said, "Xiaoshu, there's a stranger here, so watch what you say."

"Oh, it's fine," Chen Yushu said indifferently. "Arrow Brother is one of us!"

"Now that you and he are one of us, just let him stay at your place! That's settled!" Chu Mengyao looked at Chen Yushu's smug face and felt very unhappy.

"Um..." Chen Yushu stuck out her tongue, innocent smile on her face. "Yao Yao, you know me, I like to be naked when I'm home. It wouldn't be convenient for him to stay with me..."

"Then it's convenient for him to stay at my house?" Chu Mengyao cursed Chen Yushu for being unfaithful.

"Oh, it's such a simple matter, isn't it?" Chen Yushu shook her head and said, "Yao Yao, let him stay at your house, and you come to mine. Problem solved, right?"

"Yeah, that makes sense!" Chu Mengyao felt that Chen Yushu finally came up with a somewhat constructive idea.

However, Chu Mengyao was somewhat reluctant. Why should her villa be given to a laborer? And what if something went missing?

"No! I can't let him stay alone in my villa!" Chu Mengyao gritted her teeth.

Chen Yushu was also in a dilemma. She had only asked Chu Mengyao to keep Lin Yi for fun, but now the problem arose. Let Lin Yi stay at Chen Yushu's villa? Chen Yushu would never agree.

After much hesitation, Chen Yushu finally came up with a compromise: "How about I accompany you to stay? Let him stay downstairs. After all, your room is upstairs, and we just won't let him go upstairs!"

Chu Mengyao reluctantly nodded. "Well, let's do that then."

Chen Yushu often stayed with Chu Mengyao, so she went in without hesitation. Lin Yi, on the other hand, followed slowly with his luggage.

Chu Mengyao harbored hostility towards him, and Lin Yi naturally could see that. But thinking of the serious instructions from the old man when he left home and the trusting eyes of Uncle Chu, Lin Yi didn't think much of it. After all, Chu Mengyao was a girl, and it was normal for her not to want to live with him.

"Hey, what's your name?" Chu Mengyao sat on the sofa, throwing her long legs on the chaise longue, looking at Lin Yi and asking.

"My name is Lin..." Lin Yi began to speak, intending to sit on the sofa. He had been standing at the door for a long time and was tired, but before his butt could touch the sofa, he heard a delicate rebuke, which startled him.

"Stop! Don't sit!" Chu Mengyao widened her eyes and pointed at Lin Yi, shouting.

"What's wrong?" Lin Yi was startled, his butt hanging in mid-air, and asked in surprise.

"Your pants are so dirty, don't dirty my sofa! Xiaoshu often lies naked on it!" Chu Mengyao frowned and said.

Chen Yushu rolled her eyes in anger, thinking, Yao Yao, how can you be like this? You just said to watch what I say in front of strangers, and now you're saying it yourself.

Lin Yi wasn't angry either. His clothes were indeed not very clean, after sitting on the train for half a day and running around in the dust. If he dirtied the sofa, it would be a minor matter, but if he gave this little beauty a skin disease, it would be over.

"Okay, you can continue," Chu Mengyao said, relieved when Lin Yi stood up.

"My name is Lin Yi," Lin Yi said.

"Alright, Lin Yi, you'll sleep in the guest room tonight. But remember, upstairs is mine and Xiao Shu's room. You're not allowed up there, or else I'll have my dad fire you," said Chu Mengyao, feeling a bit unsure of herself as she spoke. For some reason, she felt like her father had been enchanted by this Lin Yi, so she added, "If you dare go up, I'll have General Wei Wu bite you!"

"Got it," Lin Yi replied nonchalantly. But hearing Chu Mengyao's last sentence, he asked curiously, "General Wei Wu? What's that supposed to mean?"

Upon hearing Lin Yi's question, Chu Mengyao smugly shouted upstairs, "General Wei Wu, come down!"

"Woof woof—" A burst of barking echoed as a fierce Rottweiler leaped down from upstairs, standing guard next to Chu Mengyao, glaring vigilantly at Lin Yi.