第18章:习惯吃东西

After finishing up, Lin Yi started preparing the broth. In many cases, households don't have large pots of broth simmering like restaurants do, so Lin Yi opted for a box of concentrated broth he found in the cupboard—a product called Jiālè Condensed Soup, a type of concentrated broth he hadn't seen before. Nevertheless, it seemed promising, and once he poured it into the pot, the aroma quickly filled the kitchen.

He sautéed the vegetables in the broth, added seasonings, and topped it off with water. Soon, the soup was ready. Meanwhile, Lin Yi boiled a pot of water and cooked the noodles. Once they were done, he scooped them into two bowls and poured the broth over them, creating two steaming bowls of simple noodle soup.

Strictly speaking, Lin Yi's noodle soup wasn't made according to traditional methods, but it had its own unique flavor. His grandfather at home loved Lin Yi's noodles the most.

With a bit of noodles left in the pot, Lin Yi estimated that one bowl would be enough for Chen Yushu, leaving the rest for himself.

"Is it ready?" Chen Yushu couldn't resist the tantalizing aroma any longer and kicked her way into the kitchen. "I couldn't help myself; it smells so good!"

"It's ready, I was just about to call you to eat," Lin Yi said, untying the apron and hanging it aside.

"Yay, you used Yao Yao's apron. Don't let her know!" Chen Yushu glanced at the apron hanging on the wall and added, "But I won't tell her since you cooked for me."

"Huh?" Lin Yi was puzzled by Chen Yushu's sudden kindness. However, he quickly realized that she likely had ulterior motives, given her mischievous nature, evident from her amusement at Chu Mengyao drinking Lin Yi's water yesterday. Regardless, as long as Chu Mengyao didn't cause trouble, he was fine accompanying her calmly.

Having a man sit across from her while eating made Chen Yushu uncomfortable. But considering Lin Yi had cooked such delicious noodles, she decided to endure it and fill her stomach first.

Chen Yushu had never eaten such delicious noodles before. Usually, she'd just have instant noodles or drink some milk for breakfast. This was her first time eating handmade noodles.

However, not wanting to stroke Lin Yi's ego, she refrained from expressing her admiration out loud. Instead, she focused on finishing her bowl of noodles without paying attention to Lin Yi.

Lin Yi was pleased that Chen Yushu was ignoring him. He was afraid she'd find fault with him again. He swiftly finished his bowl of noodles and went to serve himself another. But as he approached the pot, he remembered Chen Yushu and asked, "Are you still eating?"

"No," Chen Yushu shook her head. "But can you pour me a glass of water?"

"Don't you have drinks behind you?" Lin Yi pointed to the fridge behind Chen Yushu, then went to serve himself another bowl of noodles.

"It's not good to drink juice in the morning; water is healthier... Why do you talk so much? Are you going or not?" Chen Yushu impatiently asked, rolling her eyes.

"Alright..." Lin Yi put the noodles on the table and went to pour water for Chen Yushu. There was no escaping it; his leverage was in her hands.

"Where's your cup?" Halfway there, Lin Yi realized he hadn't seen Chen Yushu's cup. How was he supposed to pour water for her?

"Oh, it's in the cabinet under the water dispenser. The pink one is mine," Chen Yushu replied.

Lin Yi nodded and headed for the water dispenser.

"Ah... I'm so sleepy. I hate alarms," Chu Mengyao yawned as she groggily descended the stairs. She hadn't slept well all night, preoccupied with the loss of her first kiss and spent half the night crying to Chen Yushu. Eventually, exhaustion overtook her, and she fell asleep, feeling less melancholy about yesterday's events upon waking up.

Noticing Chen Yushu wasn't by her side, Chu Mengyao wondered why she'd woken up so early. Hadn't they talked late into the night? Why was she up already?

Arriving downstairs, she suddenly caught a whiff of delicious food. Chu Mengyao hadn't eaten much last night and had vomited what little she did eat, so her stomach was empty. The aroma made her mouth water. "Xiao Shu, what delicious food are you sneaking? It smells so good; you didn't even call me!"

Chu Mengyao hurried to the dining room and found Chen Yushu enjoying a bowl of noodles. On the opposite side, there was a full bowl of steaming noodles waiting for her. She couldn't help but feel delighted. "Ha, I knew you wouldn't forget me, Xiao Shu. Thank you for preparing a bowl for me!"

Chen Yushu was sipping her soup when she heard Chu Mengyao's words. She intended to respond but found Chu Mengyao had already started eating the noodles. She sighed and hesitated to speak. She thought, It's not my fault. How could you eat so fast? I hadn't even finished speaking yet!

"It's so delicious," Chu Mengyao exclaimed, unable to resist the temptation after taking a bite of the noodles. "Xiao Shu, where did you buy these?"

"I didn't buy them... Lin Yi made them," Chen Yushu shrugged, looking at Chu Mengyao sympathetically. She didn't have the heart to hurt Chu Mengyao further.

"What?" Chu Mengyao was startled. "He made them? I don't want to eat anything he makes..." With that, she set down her chopsticks.

Chen Yushu sighed inwardly. You've already eaten, so what's the use of saying you don't want to now? But at least you've already tasted Lin Yi's saliva once yesterday, so it doesn't matter today. Getting used to eating his food... Hehe, Chen Yushu thought wickedly.

"Hmph, who can't get along with food? I'll eat!" After putting down her chopsticks, Chu Mengyao couldn't resist the temptation of the delicious noodles. She picked up her chopsticks again and said, "Eating his food doesn't mean I forgive him. I just didn't eat last night, so I'm hungry. Besides, these noodles are just average, right, Xiao Shu?"

"Oh, right..." Chen Yushu, though impressed by Chu Mengyao's ability to justify her actions, decided it was best not to say anything more. After all, Chu Mengyao had already tasted Lin Yi's saliva yesterday; what more could be said?