第14章 轩辕驯龙术

Lin Yi felt fortunate that he had almost forgotten about the time. If he had missed it, and the stone door closed, trapping him inside, there would be no point in practicing any divine techniques. Unless he could become immortal without eating or drinking, he'd starve to death sooner or later.

As the first rays of sunlight from the east illuminated the valley, the stone door in front of Lin Yi suddenly emitted the sound of mechanisms, and with a loud bang, it closed shut.

After the stone door closed, Lin Yi once again approached it, but this time, no matter what he did, the stone door remained quiet, showing no signs of opening.

It seemed that the eight sentences written on the first stone tablet hadn't deceived him. If the stone door closed, it truly couldn't be opened again, and one would have to wait for five years for it to reopen.

Although Lin Yi felt a bit disappointed, he was relieved that he had obtained the box containing the manual. He could decide what to do after studying it back home.

"Xiaoyi, are you okay?" A familiar voice sounded behind Lin Yi. Turning around, he found that Lin Lao-tou had somehow appeared behind him.

"Damn! Old man, are you trying to scare me to death? Jumping down from such a high mountain, do you really think I'm Superman?" Lin Yi thought of how he had fallen from the mountaintop last night, and his bones still ached faintly.

"You're not dead, are you?" Lin Lao-tou, seeing that Lin Yi was fine, felt relieved. Although he had been calm on the surface earlier, he had been quite anxious internally. After all, Lin Yi had fallen from such a height, and even though his body had been soaked in the medicine he had prepared, Lin Lao-tou wasn't completely sure.

"I almost was." Lin Yi hesitated for a moment, wondering whether he should tell Lin Lao-tou about what he had seen and heard last night. After some thought, he decided to tell him everything, as Lin Lao-tou was knowledgeable and experienced.

"Old man, I entered the cave yesterday..." Lin Yi pointed to the nearby cave entrance and told Lin Lao-tou everything he had experienced inside. Finally, he handed the box to Lin Lao-tou. "This is the box!"

"You keep it yourself," Lin Lao-tou said indifferently, looking at the box.

"Don't you want to take a look?" Lin Yi was puzzled. How could Lin Lao-tou be so indifferent to such a miraculous thing?

"It's of no use." Lin Lao-tou shook his head.

Although Lin Yi had many questions, Lin Lao-tou's attitude of "Don't ask me, do whatever you want" left him speechless.

Together with Lin Lao-tou, Lin Yi returned to their home from the valley. Lin Lao-tou went straight to bed, leaving Lin Yi alone with the box, staring at it in bewilderment.

Since Lin Lao-tou was so indifferent, Lin Yi could only study the contents of the box himself. He placed the box on the table and began to examine it.

The small box was antique-looking, like those used in ancient palaces to hold imperial edicts or elixirs. However, it wasn't locked, and Lin Yi easily opened it after unfastening the clasp!

Lin Yi's eyes widened, and his breath quickened! Finally, the lid of the box opened, revealing a silk scroll inside.

Taking the scroll out, Lin Yi found a jade pendant at the bottom of the box. He carefully examined the jade pendant under the light.

The quality of the jade pendant was excellent, but it was very peculiar. It was carved with a totem-like pattern and some characters that Lin Yi couldn't understand. Definitely not seal script, these characters were clearly different from those on the scroll.

This puzzled Lin Yi. Normally, whether in the cave or on the scroll, the characters would be consistent. Only this jade pendant was special.

Later, Lin Yi had also asked Lin Lao-tou about the jade pendant, but Lin Lao-tou was also unclear about its purpose. In fact, Lin Lao-tou looked very surprised when he saw the jade pendant, even more surprised than when he saw Lin Yi take out the box from the cave!

Afterward, Lin Yi could only rely on his own speculation and guess that the jade pendant was used in conjunction with cultivation. Thus, he always wore the jade pendant on his body.

Lin Yi carefully unfolded the scroll and felt a little disappointed. The scroll was thin, with only one piece of silk.

However, Lin Yi had read those martial arts novels and understood that the greatness of a manual didn't lie in its length. Even Mei Chaofeng's Nine Yin White Bone Claw, which she could write on a piece of human skin, was formidable. Therefore, Lin Yi still read the scroll with great anticipation.

The five large characters "Xuanyuan's Dragon Taming Technique" immediately caught Lin Yi's eye. The same font as the characters on the stone tablet in the cave.

However, beneath these five characters was a line of small text: "First Stage—Heaven Silkworm." Then came the main text: "Mere mortals are like ants, how can they change the Great Way and control the world..."

Lin Yi quickly scanned the main text. The first stage was further divided into three levels: early stage, middle stage, and late stage. However, there was only the first stage of "Xuanyuan's Dragon Taming Technique" on this page of the scroll.

Of course, Lin Yi didn't think that this "Xuanyuan's Dragon Taming Technique" consisted only of the first stage. If there was a first stage, there would definitely be a second and third stage.

As for where the other scrolls were, Lin Yi had no idea. Maybe they were behind the stone door in the back of the great hall, or maybe they were somewhere else. Everything depended on Lin Yi completing the first stage of "Xuanyuan's Dragon Taming Technique" first.

Although the introduction to the Xuanyuan's Dragon Taming Technique was obscure and difficult to understand, the process of cultivation was detailed, even accompanied by a diagram of human acupoints for reference, which was not difficult for Lin Yi, who had been practicing martial arts since childhood.

At this moment, Lin Yi didn't think much about it and began to cultivate the first stage of the Xuanyuan's Dragon Taming Technique. It was probably because he was still young and didn't have many concerns, believing that mastering a profound skill would enable him to defeat Lin Lao-tou. He never considered whether practicing this technique conflicted with his current martial arts, or even whether it might lead to demonic cultivation.

It wasn't until many years later that Lin Yi realized that he had probably practiced the Xuanyuan's Dragon Taming Technique because the name sounded powerful! A technique that could defeat dragons must be awesome! Although Lin Yi later learned that what he practiced was not a martial art.