Chapter 7. No scent

7 years later. Livvy: 19

Axel P.O.V

I ran my hand through my hair while checking through paper work. I heard a knock on the door,

"Come in."

My Beta Spence came in.

"Hey Alpha, I couldn't make you coffee we have no more."

"Great," I sighed.

We moved here a couple of days ago deciding we needed to move away from the town. They sold this place cheap.

"Why don't you take a break and we can go get some coffee, I'll drive."

"Alright, as long as you drive because that's far away."

"It's alright."

I stacked my paper and grabbed my jacket and we walked out side. It was near the end of Winter yet snow still decides to come falling down. I got in the car with Spence and we drove off into the woods.

"So how's your daughter," I asked.

"She's doing okay. I found out that she wants to be a detective when she's older."

"That's good, is she getting stronger at fighting."

"Yeah she is actually."

"Well that's good."

I turned up the radio a little bit. My Beta already has a daughter along with her mate, yet I'm still waiting for my mate to come or to find her.

After an hour we arrived at the coffee shop. I walked in and saw many of other packs there. It was a full day, all the tables were taken and full, except for one.

"Great, I did not drive all this way just to go back home," Spence grumbled.

I backed up to see a lady sitting there. She was wearing mostly everything black but her Beanie was bright red.

"I got an idea get the coffee's for you and me."

He nodded and I walked over to a booth that only had one person. It was a women who was drinking her coffee while looking out the window.

"Um, excuse me Ms."

She jumped a little before turning to me.

"Sorry I didn't mean to make you jump but is it okay if me and my buddy sit here with you, theirs not any space here."

She stared at us and nodded without saying a word.

I smiled and went to go get the coffees. Me and Spence sat down. She continued to watch the snow fall. 
I watched as she was in deep thoughts.

"It gets colder as the winter ends," I sighed.

"Yeah," Spence  mumbled.

"Guess we have to get use to it. Soon we'll have to train if we want to be strong."

I took a sip of my coffee. The women glanced at me before drinking her coffee, yet quickly looking away.

She looked nervous.

~Well I am very hot you know~ my wolf Xivar chuckled.

-Sure you are. She seems a little suspicious don't you think -

~Maybe a loner? Or from another pack. Doubt she's a rough or human.~

I focused back to see I was staring right at her. Whoops. Now I look like a creep.

~Nice job staring~ Xivar mumbled.

I cleared my throat.

"So what's your name, I'm Axel."

Spence also cleared his throat.

"And I'm Spence."

She looked at us almost studying us. She drank her coffee before answering.

"Livvy," she mumbled.

"Oh, that's a nice name."

I took a sniff to try to get her scent yet I didn't get anything. Weird.

-Spence is she human- I mind-linked.

-I can't smell her scent, it's like she doesn't have one-

Impossible she has to have one. Once again I was staring. Great job Axel you get the best creep award.

She finished up her coffee and got up.

"Oh, it was nice meeting you," I smiled.

She didn't answer. She thew the cup away before walking outside. I watched her leave into the distance.
I turned to Spence who was also watching.

"I swear I didn't smell anything on her," Spence mumbled.

"It's impossible she doesn't have a scent."

"Weird huh," said another voice.

I looked to see a man. It was a pack member from another pack.

He gave me a nod as respect.

"Morning Alpha Axel."

"Morning Alpha..."

"Robert."

"Right. Alpha Robert."

He sat down where livvy sat.

"I come here every day and she comes here every Monday, I always watched her and she's always seems like she's thinking."

"Wow, can you smell her."

He shook his head.

"Nope. I got so curious I followed her ti'll she got to the woods and she stopped. She turned to me and I swear her eyes got darker. Then the next day I woke up here."

Weird.

"Wow. It's making me curious," Spence said.

"Yeah. Me too."

"She always seems so quiet or angry. I try to bring up a conversation yet she walks out."

"Do you know if she's in a pack?" I asked.

"Nope. I even had my guards look her up yet we didn't get nothing. She might just be human."

"Weird even humans have senses. Maybe the winter. If that's possible."

Alpha Robert shrugged.

"Well I'm for sure going to try and solve this," I mumbled.

I stood up and so did Robert. We shook hands

"Well good luck Alpha Robert."

"You too Alpha Axel."

Comment.Vote.Share