flesh

the dull gray stall walls begin to close in on me. i feel disproportionately huge compared to the tiny room i find myself in. my cells begin to multiply and my body rapidly expands with wrinkly juicy fat until my arms cram against the walls and my scalp scrapes the ceiling. thick black hair stands up all around my body and my teeth grow till they are sticking out from my lips like a beaver, crooked and twisted out of place. the hair on my scalp begins to thin and fall out and my hairline recedes. whats left of it is utterly fried- a tangled, dry, matted wreck. my skin is bright red, bloated, and inflamed near all my joints. my elbows and knees grow white and flakey, gasping for any sort of moisture. my limbs look pale and purple and bruised like that of a dead body as the movement of my blood begins to slow. colossal pimples and cysts abruptly materialize from thin air, enveloping my chin and already-swollen cheeks. they emerge on my shoulders and back and arms, places i cant see or reach. the skin on my face is peeling, with flakes of dry, dead flesh falling to the floor only to be swept away by the winds produced by the movement of my giant appendages. my clothes shrink rapidly as my unfortunate curves protrude a mile from the base of my flesh. i peer over the walls at the person in the stall next to me; she was changing clothes until my disruption. her eyes slowly pull upward as she scans what is supposed to be my body. they widen and brim with a mixture of fear and judgment as though she had never seen an atrocity quite so disturbing. i quickly look away from her- the brief eye contact was far too vulnerable and i think i looked at her too intensely. i am sure i left her with a gross feeling bubbling in her stomach. 

i crack my knuckles, hoping to relieve some of the puffy tension of my joints, but it doesn't. at least i can move my fingers a little easier. 

i turn my head to the three-paneled mirror in front of me. the side panels stand at an angle so that i can see the sides of my body at the same time as the front without having to turn. if i tried to turn around, i am sure my arms, the most noticeably enlarged element of my body, would scrape against the stall and twist it out of the ground.