Your Highness

- The Next Day, Seraphina's POV -

On campus while transferring to my next class, I noticed Emerson arguing with two people. Both who had blonde hair, it was bit surprising but I didn't think anything of it.

Eventually he left the two and went to go sit down sit down on a bench near a stairway, he pulled out a bottle of water and began to drink it.

Noticing the opportunity, sat beside him and asked. "Hey how's everything going?"

"Hm?" He noticed my and started to rub his forehead. "Oh, hi. Not great, I can't seem to cooperate with my team anymore."

"You're team? Like the royals?" I ask, putting my book bag down on the floor.

"Bingo." He sighed. "Mitchell hates me, especially for taking his title as King. He thinks I don't deserve it, but whatever fuck him for that I'll do what I want."

"I assume he's the Jack now."

"Similar, Knight. We replaced Jack with Knight here, sounds a little more powerful than Jack." He explains.

"I probably came at a bad time, I approached you to tell you that I decided to accept your offer on the title of Queen." I laid out why I decided to talk to him in the first place, although after witnessing his argument with the other royals, I was starting to second guess it.

"No no, don't worry about that, that's great! A complete heirarchy is the first thing we need anyways." His face lightend up a bit, he held out his hand. "Welcome to the Royals."

I gently shook his hand, gave out a big sigh. "That was a little anticlimactic, usually you would have to fight a person for that title but this time it was just a rule to fill in."

"A role that desperately needed filling, besides you're a perfect fit. You're powerful and smart, and I can turn this mess around quicker and have a stable school environment." He seemed enthusiastic. He got up to grab his own backpack, and he slung it over his shoulder. "I have another class due, and I also have to announce the news to the other royals, but we can meet again in about a couple of hours for a Royals meeting in Office Room 7-Z."

"You sure? It won't be awkward?" I reply, feeling a bit rushed.

"Why would it? You're the Queen now." He answered

- Jack's POV, Nearby Coffee Shop -

Me, my sister and Mitchell decided to stop for coffee break at a coffee shop that was conveniently only a mile away. He went in and ordered our drinks and sat down.

"I don't understand what's up with him, for all I know he could be part of a cult or maybe an illegal trafficking ring!" Mitchell complained while stirring sugar in his coffee.

"You're overthinking this too much. He probably just needed to print some documents, nothing too serious, alright?" I tried to reason with him.

"Yes, but he had this creepy black haired girl with him, all she wore was black and just gave a me a creepy look. She claimed to be his co-worker but for what? A cult?!"

"He had a girl with him? Was she pretty?" Belladonna pipes in.

"If you think a girl that looks like a vampire is pretty then sure." Mitchell looked to be annoyed.

"Did Em give you any clue on what he was doing?" I took a sit of my blonde roast.

"He did give ne this business card for the non-profit he works for." Mitchell pulls out a card from the back pocket of his pants. He hands it to me to read. I look at it closely and immediately look at him stupid.

"This is for Corru-Shift. It's a anti-power corruption organization. I've seen ads for it. It's not a cult, Mitchell. You always think of the worse."

"Then why was he with that creepy girl!?" Mitchell again pointed out.

"Again, it could have actually been his co-worker or fuck it maybe its his girlfriend too? Who cares?" I shake my head.

"Well maybe it's not his girlfriend, maybe it's his boss and just wanted to oversee his work? It can't be his girlfriend." Belladonna adds.

"Why are you worried if he has a girl?" Mitchell asks her, suspicious.

"I was just saying, I don't give a fuck who it is." I sigh. "Look, Mitchell, you have strange tendencies too! For example you are never at your dorm around 7 to 8 and I can never call you for some reason."

"I uh, why are you including me now?!" Mitchell started to get defensive.

"My point is you don't have to demonize him over everything! Damn it, you're difficult to deal with sometimes, and you wonder why he left our friend group."

He went quiet, and Belladonna looked at me worryingly,

"I'm sorry-" I apologize but before I could continue I get a text from Em about wanting to have a meeting.

"WAIT hold on, Emerson says he wants us to meet someone later in our meeting room." I read the text, surprised.

"That creepy girl is his girlfriend! He wants to tell you guys that doesn't he?" Belladonna appeared shocked.

"Hold on, usually he organizes meetings for serious matters. Not for announcing girlfriends." I reminded Mitchell while explaining to my sister.

"What if it's my replacement??" Mitchell puts a hand on his forehead.

"Dude, you get replaced if someone beats your ass." I again had to remind him.

"Actually, it could be a new royal. A Queen, the position is empty after all. That would be good news."