ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ┊͙⁰⁰

"It's for the best, Y/N

"It's for the best, Y/N." Your mother retorts, firmly holding onto your wrist while waiting for the train to arrive at the station. "Don't hold on to the past so much."

The wind gushes through the atmosphere as the train passes through, making its stop in front of all the impatient passengers.

The doors slide open in unison, the commotion of people's loud and busy steps fill your ears. The noise doesn't let you hear your own thoughts nor words as you quietly answer your mother.

"I know, I won't."

The ride is long, so long that you could only slip your headphones over your ears and look outside. The new environments overwhelm you. You'll meet new faces, familiarize with new places, and most of all you'll have to struggle with fitting in all over again.

It's terrifying.

"Greet your grandparents and cousins when we get there, okay?" You nod at your mother's request. The prospect of seeing your extended family sends a slight thrill into you.

When things are bad on your end, they're your only way out.

Not a peep is heard throughout the whole time you've sat there in your seat. Honestly, it's starting to hurt your ass from just sitting with hoisted crossed legs all the time.

The constant replay of the same song is blasting through your headphones, you can't even hear anything else other than the tune and the wheels of the train screeching on the railroad.

Everything seems so sudden to you, as if it was all thrown at you.

*DING!*

You're startled by the ringing notification sound coming from your phone. Your eyes look down at the bright screen, scanning the familiar number from your recent messages.

0*********3 ⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

Y/n can I talk to your mother?

Please

Where are you?

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

The muscles around your chest start to tighten, causing a stinging pain over your heart out of an unknown feeling.

It feels nostalgic, yet so unfamiliar.

Your eyes gaze into your phone, unsure of what to do. You can either reply, or just ignore the text.

Your finger nervously hovers over the keyboard, about to type something in the text bar if it wasn't for your mother, who stopped you immediately.

"Don't reply to him." Cold eyes pierce into your own, the grip over your wrist tightens greatly.

"We don't need your father anymore."

Hurriedly, you exit the app and turn off your phone. The slow nod you make causes you to feel lightheaded, and in response to that you slump up on the seat and slowly sink against it.

"Don't contact him anymore. I'm also pulling you out of university, you don't need those toxic environments anymore." Your mother lifts an arm, taking a glance at her own phone. You can see the look in her eyes, bearing nothing other than the feeling of being peeved.

The sound of your shoes tapping on the ground synchronize with everyone else's, along with the wheels of your luggage rolling over the concrete foundation of the ground.

You follow your mother around the neighborhood you used to live in when you were a child, taking in all of the changes that have been made when you were away.

Standing in front of the white gate, your mother solves the padlock hooked on it.

3 5 6 8.

It's still the same passcode since you were little, it's a miracle no one has robbed this house yet. With a swift movement, your mother opens the gate and lets you step inside first.

"Okaa-san, Otou-san, we're here!" Your mother exclaims, bringing in all your belongings inside the house and placing them at the terrace entrance.

"Ah, welcome home, Y/N!" Your grandmother sits up from her rocking chair, pulling you in for a tight hug. Even at her fossil age, she still has a lot of strength in her.

You grunt at the firmness of her embrace, causing you to laugh and crack a smile. "H- Hello, baachan, jiichan!"

"I hope you guys don't mind that we stay here for a little while," Your mother says in excitement, turning to her father, your grandfather.

"Not a problem, we can have you guys stay at Y/N's old room." Your grandfather smiles, the same old high-pitched wheeze is forced out of him as he cackles. He still sounds like an old woman laughing, instead of the old man he is.

You slowly twist the doorknob to your old bedroom, taking in the changes made to it. It used to be a pretty old-looking room made in the olden days.

The crappy flooring was replaced with soft, colorful puzzle-piece mats. The shelves filled with old books were replaced with a tv, and a few toys. All your old toys were gone.

"They changed the room?" You turn to your mother, who was unpacking all of her belongings and placing them on the floor before she started to organize them.

"It's more suitable for your baby cousin, and it has more room now, right?" The duffle bag makes a soft thud on the floor, beside the rest of the other stuff you've brought with you.

"The truck will be here in a week, so I hope you brought all the stuff you need right now." Your mother stands up from her spot, placing her hands on each of your shoulders. Her eyes bore into yours, the cold look from before is completely replaced with a softer aura.

"We're here for a change, Y/N. Got that?"

"...Yeah. Got it, ma."

┊͙✧࿐  word count: 928

┊͙✧࿐ word count: 928.