ʙᴇᴠᴇʀᴀɢᴇ┊͙⁰⁷

“You're going on a date?!”

“No,” You shake your head, refuting the accusations Hotaru continues making against you. The two of you sat comfortably on the right side of the classroom, waiting for the free time given by your teacher to pass quickly. “And can you be quiet? W- what if people think I am going on a date?”

“Because you practically are.”

“That's why I'm asking you to go with me so it doesn't look like a date.” You murmur, looking around the classroom in case someone overheard the two of you. “Come on!”

“But I don't even know the guy!”

“Well you will once you go with me.”

A sigh escapes past Hotaru's lips, crossing her arms and leaning against the back of her chair. She ponders about your request for a moment, her eyes fixated at the concrete ceiling.

“I don't wanna waste my money on cafe food I probably won't like, but..” Her lips form a subtle smirk. “Maybe if someone were to pay for my food, I'll go!”

You cast a blank stare at Hotaru. There's no way you'll pay for her!

..But you definitely need someone to be with you in case things get too awkward with Sae.

“Fine.”

Standing in front of the newly built cafe, you search around for the familiar redhead you invited. Hotaru stands near you, restless as a worm in a cup of salt.

“Why do you look so scared?”

“I'm literally about to meet a famous soccer player, you're acting like it's nothing!”

“Meh,” You shrug your shoulders, continuing to wait for Sae as you look around the plains of the school. Soccer wasn't really a big of a deal for you, same as any other sport. “I have a cousin who's a somewhat famous soccer player, he's not all that.”

“Are you kidding me?!” Hotaru is not a sports fan, but if it involves famous people, she is definitely interested. As someone who is glued to social media, she is most likely aware of every current scandal involving celebrities around the world.