ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ┊͙⁰⁸

As you gently stomp your feet on the hardwood floors of the house, your hands work to dry your hair by stroking a little towel back and forth over your strands

As you gently stomp your feet on the hardwood floors of the house, your hands work to dry your hair by stroking a little towel back and forth over your strands. The sun had finally set, revealing a pitch-black sky that welcomed the gradually rising moon.

You passed by the once disorganized room is now tidy, with most of the furnishings stored within boxes that have been tastefully tucked into the room's corner.

"Yo," With the towel slung over your shoulders, you call out to your cousin who is lying on the bed. "You've already packed up? I thought you were leaving next week."

"Yeah, but I've asked Reo to help me move back in my apartment." Seishiro runs his fingertips lightly across the screen of his phone. Most likely, he is immersed in one of the numerous video games he has downloaded. "He should be here tomorrow."

"Wanna.. play games or something?" Your voice turns soft, finding it difficult to express your underlying want to spend time with your cousin once more. "Like before?"

For a little while, there is silence; the only sound is Seishiro's gunshots in his game.

Hanging around with this guy is really difficult, especially since you two are no longer young children. These days, you two lead different lives and aren't as close.

In the past, Seishiro was a carefree child who would accept to do anything as long as it wouldn't be a hassle; Even if it was only watching a movie and splitting a bag of chips, or just playing old video games or hopscotch.

Obviously, puberty hit the both of you. You were taken away from your grandmother's house to live with your parents somewhere else, and that led to losing a bit of contact with Seishiro.

"But I'm tired. Maybe next time?"

Now it doesn't feel like you're even talking to the same Seishiro anymore.

"Yeah, it's fine."

You give a nod, go quiet, and then leave the room. Even though there's nothing special to celebrate-all that's truly going on in the house is the adults preparing a delicious dinner-the house is busier than ever.