ᴇɴᴄᴏᴜɴᴛᴇʀ┊͙⁰¹

The bustling crowd of students entering the school fills your ears

The bustling crowd of students entering the school fills your ears. You stand just by the entrance, holding your brand new student ID in hand.

The mere thought of the guards not recognizing you as a student sends embarrassment through your veins. What if they think you're an impersonator? Or what if they think you aren't a real student?

You wait in line as the students enter through the gate one by one, the way the guards greet them makes it obvious that they are familiar with these teenagers.

When your turn arrives, you hand your ID to one of the security guards. Silently, you're praying they don't find you suspicious, even if you aren't doing anything wrong.

Please don't question, please don't question, please don't-

"Good morning," The old man hands you back your ID, showing you a welcoming smile. Not knowing what else to do, you politely bow and greet him back. "Good morning uh.. sir."

A few steps away from the gate, your worry lessens after being able to pass through without getting questioned.

It's a habit of yours to worry when you're stepping inside a new place, with little to no association with it at all. You worry about what people will think when someone unfamiliar enters the building.

The sense of belonging somewhere will never truly sink into you.

Since it's just the start of the school year, you're sure there are others too who are still adjusting to the environment of the school; that is what you hope for.

Other than the overwhelming anxiety of trying to fit in, you have this slight anger. It grows inside you, merely because the place you are in right now doesn't feel right.

The students who you stand in front of right now are not your old friends, as well as the teacher standing next to you who is not someone you can confide in.

"Ms. L/N, why don't you introduce yourself to us?" Now that it is your turn to give an introduction, you can't help but notice the eyes locked onto you.

"Ah, right." Your nervously hold onto your bag, gazing into the new faces in your classroom. They don't provide you comfort, or make you laugh when you stare into them.