ᴀꜱᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ┊͙⁰²

"Do you know anyone named Sae Itoshi?"

"Itoshi?" Hotaru takes a few bites of her lunch, her eyes staring off into somewhere else. The classroom barely has any students, so now you can talk a bit freely.

"Itoshi.." Your friend takes a minute to ponder, her voice gradually getting softer. She looks back at you, her eyes showcasing a sense of excitement. "Rin? He used to go to school here! But I heard he got chosen to go to this weird soccer training thing.. I'm not sure."

"No, Sae Itoshi."

"Mm.. doesn't ring a bell." With a simple movement, Hotaru hoists a leg up on her chair before continuing to eat. You've noticed it's a habit of her to do that, especially during lectures because apparently: 'It helps her focus more.'

"Can you ask one of your other friends if they know him?" You recall yesterday, the moment you walked out of the infirmary, Sae immediately left after giving you his name. From that moment on, you're eager to know more about him. With a cheeky smile, you try to pursuade Hotaru. "Pleaseee?"

"Why? You like him or somethin'?" In return, your friend leans in closer, a wider smile plastered on top of her face. "Ooooo..!"

As her words reverberated throughout the space, several pairs of eyes glanced and briefly fixed themselves on you guys. Blood rushed to your face out of embarrassment, and because of that, Hotaru instantly thought you did like this guy.

"So you do like him!"

"Wha- no!" You shook your head. In your embarrassed state right now, your body naturally lets out a nervous laugh to cover it up. "I don't even know him, you idiot.."

"But you wanted to get to know him, that's a sign you're at least a bit interested." Hotaru places a plastic cover on top of her lunch container, snapping the locks on each side with ease. "How do you know this guy anyway? I've never heard of him before."