ᴀʙᴏᴅᴇ┊͙⁰³

This is such a hassle

Laying on your bed, you face the assignment papers you have to answer. One for yourself, and the other for Hotaru.

You're not troubled because you don't know the answer, you're just bothered because you have to write it all by hand. Even just holding a pen for long enough makes your hand cramp.

Hitting the mattress with your fists, you let out a screeching whine into your pillow. This is so fucking stupid, why can't they just let the students print their assignments?

But you can't let your classmates see you struggling, can you? You're supposed to be the best, to show them you are meant to be in a more prestigious school than this one.

With a fire raging inside you, palms rest against the bed before you make a quick attempt to get yourself up. You sit at your desk with pencil in hand, ready to start writing.

The tip of your pencil makes a single stroke, the gray pigment staining the clean paper. You exhale loudly, letting go of the pencil and leaning back against your chair.

"That was exhausting already." With a huff, you get up from your chair and lay back down on your bed once again. You look at the other end of the room, noticing your baby cousin playing with her toys alone.

You don't pay her much attention, since you'll just get toys weakly thrown at your face if ever you annoy her favourite person: your other cousin.

The sun is setting slowly, its light causing a somewhat depressing mood into this room. It's a bit dark, and you feel so sweaty. Your eyes remain glued to your phone for another hour once you've been set on continuing the assignment after dinner.

You can hear some commotion from outside of your bedroom and the aroma of food cooking, giving you a sudden feeling of hunger.

Your eyes linger on the random YouTube video you're watching to pass time and entertain yourself, before settling on a text notification from Hotaru.

Hotaru Yoshino ⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

Sae used to study here when he was still in middle school, but then left to go to Spain