A rainy day

1992 , May 23.
A seemingly expensive car with an unknown driver pulls next to an old orphanage. It's raining cats and dogs. There is not a single soul outdoors. Why should there be? It is past 10 p.m.
The car slows and comes to a stop for a single moment. A hand stretches out, leaving a tiny bag. The car door closes, and whoever is inside leaves.
The rain is pouring heavily. A grey-haired lady rushes to the gates, an employee who was on duty. She's wearing a raincoat over her slim frame.

- It was such a pleasant day today; what a rapid change, isn't it? Then she discovers it

Then she discovers it. Not only sees, but also hears. The modest baggage was left on the ground. It is crying.
- In Jesus' name, an innocent baby!
The lady got into the mud, unconcerned about getting her new trousers and shoes muddy. She picked the small infant in the moist, pale green swaddle. Poor soul, so small yet so loud. She cradled the infant tenderly and protectively. She looked around a few times but couldn't find anyone.
- My sweet little child, who could have abandoned you here? People no longer have souls, leaving behind a vulnerable life,  thrown into the storm in the middle of the night..

Amanda Spencer was a widow. She had been working in the orphanage for nearly 30 years and had never witnessed such cruelty before. She seized the baby and dashed into the building.
In less than an hour, another woman arrived. Amanda waited for her patiently.
The other was a petite black woman who served as the orphanage's headmistress.
Mrs. Gabriel De Rosa.

She was a strict woman but a nice person

She was a strict woman but a nice person. She was in her early fifties. Unfortunately, she has never been blessed in life with a child. But she cherished each of them as her own.

- And there was no one? Are you certain? Have you checked?
- Well... I didn't check, so don't blame me. I had to keep the poor infant safe from the cold rain. I looked around. Whoever abandoned him vanished quickly.
- So it's a little boy. I will see him tomorrow. It's late. However, the first thing we'll do in the morning is check on our new resident. Please do not hesitate to contact me if something happens.