Waiting

Leafy drove the boat back to Flower and Gelatin. She crashed onto the ground, still coughing like crazy.

"Leafy! Are you okay?" Gelatin asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. We were just visiting Safety Island." Leafy explained.

"You mean that island covered in smoke? Why would you go there?" Flower asked.

"We wanted to stop all the destruction. Unfortunately I couldn't handle the smoke..." Leafy coughed again. "But I trust Firey to do it!"

"I wouldn't suggest just leaving him all alone like that." Gelatin said.

"I second that." Flower said.

"Look, if he doesn't come back in a week we'll try to recover him. Got it?" Leafy said. Flower and Gelatin both nodded.

"Well Geli, let's head home. Wait...our boat's gone," Flower turned to Leafy. "Did he take our boat?"

"Um..." Leafy looked at the ground, ashamed.

"Well that's great," Flower said sarcastically. "So what the hell are we gonna do now?"

Gelatin sighed. "Guess we'll have to wait till he gets back."

"We're seriously gonna wait a week?" Flower asked.

"Don't be impatient Flower. I bet we can pass the time just fine."

And pass the time they did. Leafy spent her time climbing trees and looking at the island hoping to see Firey. Flower and Gelatin found an apple tree and spent their time growing their own plant. Before they knew it, a week had passed.

Flower was carrying a coconut full of ocean water towards the tree when Gelatin stopped her.

"Flower! Are you crazy? You can't water a plant with salt water." Gelatin said.

"How are you the plant expert? Last time I checked, I'M the flower." Flower replied.

"Riddle me this Flower: Can you drink salt water?"

Flower thought about it for a second before dumping the water back into the ocean.

"Flower! Gelatin! We need to find a recovery station for Firey!" Leafy said from the treetops.

"You better build us a boat then!" Flower yelled back.

Leafy sighed and climbed down, ready to build the boat.