Chapter 1

L  i  s  a

There is not a single thought in this boy's head. Not even one! Would it be offensive to say I saw this coming? I mean, he's a typical student here; annoying and entitled. This is our fifth session and I haven't received an iota of work from him since we began. Even right now, he's just staring at me with this dazed, blank look.

"What was the question again?" Jack asks, sounding tired.

What exactly are you tired from? I've been tutoring you for an hour and you've spent the whole time on your phone!

Instead of saying what is on my mind, I opt for an easier, more scintillating option.

"I'm not tutoring you anymore." As I pack my things away, he just shrugs in response.

Of course. Why should he care? He's rich and will probably pay his way through any university he wants, just like every other neanderthal at this nightmare of a college—YG sixth form academy—predominantly home to the richest, most entitled brats in England.

The real question is, why am I wasting my time tutoring these kids? I ponder on the question as I walk out of the school library. Well, tutoring does have its benefits; like looking exceptional on my university application forms, which is the only thing that really matters to me.

Although I feel my brain cells dwindling, which is starting to drain me the more I continue to tutor them, there are still some perks to it and if something is beneficial to me, especially to my education, I'm doing it.

That's why I took that academic scholarship for YG Academy when I was twelve. I wasn't going to stay at my shabby, old secondary school. Although going from being surrounded by kids my age, to an academy where the age range is around 12-18...isn't exactly the easiest thing. However, I got used to it fairly quickly.

Everyone here at YG is affluent; I think I'm undoubtedly the only scholarship kid here as the other four dropped out like dominoes year after year. They couldn't handle the pressure. By that I mean they couldn't handle the rich, entitled cunts in this place. I don't blame them, if I wasn't so determined to achieve my dreams, I would have left this place years ago.

This is one of the most prestigious sixth forms in the country, so dealing with idiots for the last five years has been worth it. At least, I am able to experience all the academic privileges here, especially the lockers; double-sized, beautiful, navy-blue lockers that match my uniform.

My abundance of books fit so perfectly within this locker, as does everything else; like my headphones, which I'm currently taking out and slipping onto my head.

Music is one of the only things that makes me feel grounded sometimes; that and studying. I'm exceedingly hell-bent on becoming a surgeon, if I wasn't, I would for sure think about becoming a musician.

Music really is so versatile. I could listen to music during sex, in the shower, while working ou—

"It's like you're married to those headphones." I feel my headphones being snatched off my head, which simultaneously snaps me out of my thoughts.

I slam my locker door shut, turning around to come face to face with the culprits—my best friends. Jisoo is the one holding my headphones with a smile on her flawless face.

Kim Ji-soo. Her family is one of the richest families in Europe—especially here in England. Her parents are world renowned basketball players and her entire family lineage are sport prodigies. She's no different; any sports team you can name? She is on it.

I on the other hand would rather die than join a sports team. Spending hours sweating while doing cardio? No, thanks. I can think of something that will give me the same amount of cardio and triple the pleasure.