Dragonstone

Bold=Valyrian
Season 1 episode 2:

Bold=ValyrianSeason 1 episode 2:

Maenya POV

Soaring through the skies , we heard yelling from below.
Syrax gave a soft roar as Rhaenyra landed on the bridge.

I heard some more yelling in old Valyrian, something about Daemon threatening to kill Rhaenyra and then,

Meraxes let out a monstrous roar that shook the foundations of Dragonstone.
Rising Meraxes I came up through the clouds as all eyes were on us.

Meraxes has to land sideways, looking out to the sea to fit and so that I could get off, even then the bridge under her claws cracked.

Caraxes lifted his long neck to pay attention to Meraxes, intrigued. Whereas Syrax cowered.

The second my booted feet hit the hard stone floor, my eyes met my uncle's.

Rhaenyra looked at me, an annoyed expression on her face. I paid no mind though and I started to walk towards my uncle past the lords my father has sent.

"You have taken something that doesn't belong to you, uncle" I say composed, coming face to face with Daemon

He smirked
"Have I?"

"Yes. And now you will give it back."

"Why? Because I am in your sister's castle?"

"No, because the biggest dragon alive stands behind me, waiting for one single word from me to turn you, your whore and all your toy soldiers to ash"

His smile faded and the amusement left his eyes and instead something else filled them, something I couldn't quite decipher.

I continued
"You have angered the king"

"The king you hate?"

"He is still your king, Daemon."

"I simply want the same treatment for my child that every other Targaryen had"

I had an amused look on my face
"you're to have a child?"

He looked back to Mysaria and back to me, unsure
"One day"
To this, Mysaria turned and walked away.

I laughed mockingly at him
"Here's the thing uncle, if you want to be heir, you will have to kill Rhaenyra-"

"Easy-"

"And me."

He quieted down, staring at me.
He come closer, inches from my face, talking softly so only I could hear him
"Do you honestly wish for this to be your sister's castle. I know you don't. If anything, you should be on my side in this"

"This will lead to war if you are not carful"

"So be it"

"No. The realm is not ready for war, nor are we."

The staring, the tension and the look in his eyes continued. Until the smirk came back across his features and he started to walk away back into Dragonstone, tossing me the egg as he did.

Rhaenyra's glare burned into the back of my head, as I smiled to myself.
The Dragonkeepers opened a metal pot with burning coals inside, I placed the dark egg in it and they closed the lid.

Claiming back into Meraxes, she leaned into my touch as I stoked her head and we took off into the sky.

Being escorted back to Father's chambers was no fun.
It reminded me of not so long ago when my sister and I were going to see our father, knowing we're going to get scolded for being late except now everything was different. My sister and I were not on good terms and mother was dead and we were being escorted to our father to be scolded for sneaking out.

We nodded our heads
"Your grace" we both said nervous

"You disobeyed me." He growled "You fled KingsLanding without a word and you acted without the crown's leave. You are my only children! You could have been killed!"

I ignored him and sat down in one of his chairs, he sat opposite and Rhaenyra sat in the chair next to us.

"You went to Dragonstone?"

"Yes." I started him down, I would not cower in front of him "and I retrieved the egg and no one had to die. If I hadn't shown up bloodshed would have occurred."

He huffs, his anger disappearing.
That small fear creeping back into his eye.
"Yes...well I sometimes forget how wilful you can be.." he said looking me up and down in caution.
Rhaenyra said nothing, only watching the conversation and seeing the tension unfold.
"Your mother's absence is a word that will never heal without her the red keep has lost a warmth and I dare say it will never recover."

It took everything in me not to remind him that it was his fault the warmth was gone. I was about to but Rhaenyra started talking.

"It pleases me to hear you say this, to know that I'm not alone in my grief."

"I wish I had known better, what to say to you in the aftermath. I struggled to realise that my daughter had so quickly become a woman grown... but I know she understands what is now expected of me"

"The king must take a new wife" Rhaenyra said gravely, tears in her eyes

A stepmother.
I didn't know how I felt.
I know that I wouldn't care if she birthed a son, that's for Rhaenyra to fear but the ideas of someone else living in mother's chambers and taking her place at the dinner table...it didn't sit right with me.

"I could never replace your mother" He tells us, he then looks at Rhaenyra
"No more than I intend to replace you as heir"

And there it was again.
Any happiness I had just felt, any softness I had gained towards my father from this conversation was gone in a single heartbreaking sentence.
A cold feeling filled my chest and anger filled my head.
Another cruel reminder, Rhaenyra, my younger sister, was heir.

"You are the king. Your first duty should be towards the realm. Mother would've understood this...as I do."
Rhaenyra said gently

Mother would've wanted me to be heir.